1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Case storage

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by basswraith, May 11, 2010.

1. basswraith

basswraith

Mar 10, 2003
    Boston
    For the shop owners out there... It would be great if any one has come up with a system of how and where they store the cases that come through the shop. They seem to accumulate and take up way to much space when you have more than 3 or 4 hanging around. Does any one have a clever way of storing or hanging them thats is simple, efficient and makes sure the right case goes home with the right bass since 99% of them are all black and look the same? I have seen some very intelligent solutions to problem solving here. I am just wondering what the other owners of bass shops do in this situation.

2. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
    My luthier has me take my bag home with me, he never has bags hanging around the shop.

3. Same here.

4. I tag every bag that comes in the shop w. a tag that has a string on it... Staples is your friend.... As far as storage I have a closet they go into in my shop that way they stay away from the dust. They just lay in a pile , but you could put a long dowel or rod up to act like a hook. I believe I saw that @ Gage's shop years ago.

5. Schoolhouse

Schoolhouse Thomas Andres- Bass Makers

Dec 7, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    We tag 'em and bag them in a clear trash bag (keeps the cat from nesting). Some of the clients take the bag home, usually the guys who keep lots of stuff in their cases or have only one good bag.
    Tom