Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Case ....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KIRKSFANGS, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Greetings !! I'm not sure what the proper forum for this question would be , but since it pertains to a new custom 6 I'm having built , I figured "Basses" was as good a place as any. The bass is being done by Clifford Roi Basses , and I want to build my own hardshell case for this instrument. Has anyone taken this on for themselves? If so , any advice (type and source of interior material , measurement , etc. , would be most appreciated.Thanks in advance for your input !! Regards - Kirk

2. Kirk, you might consider a road case for it!

[​IMG]
    Treena

3. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    The money and time you spend on it you can buy an anvil style for less. TRUST ME ON THIS! After all, it's a case, made to protect and serve not look pretty. Plenty of anvil type cases that have the removable foam to fit your bass.

GOOD LUCK!

4. Thanks for the replies so far - the thing is , I wanted to do an unusual exterior on it (coffin shaped) which I have seen at G#@$!r Center , but obviously not a form fit for the new bass ...

5. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Go to coffincase.com and see if you can get a hold of someone and give them your dimensions. I bet they will be able to help you out. It took me about 32 hours to build the one I built and it cost me about $100. SO way not worth it. By the way, I am a skilled carpenter.

ROCK ON!

6. I'm not into the women but the case is awesome!
    http://www.coffincase.com/pinups.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Treena

7. The woman IS awesome! :D

8. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Good luck with your Roi bass. He's such a good guy and an amazing luthier. I had a Roi six for about a year. I used that bass on tons of gigs. I ended up selling it during a period when I was playing very little six string and couldn't justify having three 6's. Chuck Alder owns it now.

Check out the Incase Tourbag. It's not a "case", but it is much more protective than any gig bag I have ever seen.

Tell Roi "hello" from me.

Good luck.

9. Hi Joel - It's funny that you saw this post , since I was contacted about your bass by Mike Frost before Chuck grabbed it. That was a beautiful instrument that I was very tempted by , but I really wanted "my own" custom by Roy. Thankfully I'm a reasonably patient guy , or I would have snapped up yours in a heartbeat to avoid the wait !!You are right , though,Roy is a great man and why he doesn't get the accolades that other luthiers seem to get is a mystery to me(although knowing Roy he probably prefers it that way).I sincerely hope that your $ situation improves soon so you can order another. As of lat week his completion list is into 2005 !! Take Care - Kirk

10. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Kirk,

Small world. Chuck lucked out with that bass; it was pretty serious...

I agree with you about Roi; he probably likes having a low profile!

I probably won't be ordering a Roi anytime too soon; I have sooo much money tied up in my bass business that my personal bass buying habit has to take a back seat for awhile.

Enjoy that bass.