bass case

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mike phillips, Feb 15, 2006.

1. got a question for yall. how do get that smell out of the case? i got a jackson case, crazy smell. my skb case, same damn smell. any suggestions
  2. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Open it up, and leave it open for a while. Use a little febreeze or something if you want to change the smell for a while...

But pretty much air it out.
  3. Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    Get some regular bar gigs... it won't smell like that anymore...

4. SEK

Feb 15, 2006
    Baking soda works well if you don't want your case to smell like a cheap whore's perfume. Spread some in the case and let it sit for a day or two - the only problem is when you vacuum it out it kind of clogs up your vac. Some spray products made for pet odors are often less flowery-smelling, but more $$ than you probably want to pay.
  5. keneds

Feb 18, 2006
    London Grove, PA.
    :spit: Try drier sheets, They say it will eliminate cigerette smell from your car also ( only if you smoke once in a while)
  6. edulmes

Aug 21, 2004
    Oostburg WI
    You can find an ozonator, which I use at work for getting odors out of cars at work, but they are $300+. I let my SKB case sit outside for a few days in a row, and after 9 months, I think it is gone. I noticed if you leave it closed, it will stink. Open it up empty and it doesn't smell nearly as bad.
  7. here you go...

get a tobacco pipe...

and some nice ripe tobacco...

and sit in your case and smoke it all..

well.. i know thats what id do... cause pipe tobacco smells great when your not inhaling it...

8. +1, or there's some things in the store you can buy that are deordorizors (?) for refrigerators that come in a webbed pouch. You could just keep it in the case, without having to vacuum up stuff afterwards. I don't remember what they're called, but you'll probably find them at a Big Lots, or Wal-Mart kind of store. Also, try using some activated charcoal in a pouch to take up the smell. Just put either one in and close up the case. Good luck!