Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass case

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mike phillips, Feb 15, 2006.

1. got a question for yall. how do get that smell out of the case? i got a jackson case, crazy smell. my skb case, same damn smell. any suggestions

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Open it up, and leave it open for a while. Use a little febreeze or something if you want to change the smell for a while...

But pretty much air it out.

3. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    Get some regular bar gigs... it won't smell like that anymore...

:spit:

4. SEK

SEK

Feb 15, 2006
    Downeast
    Baking soda works well if you don't want your case to smell like a cheap whore's perfume. Spread some in the case and let it sit for a day or two - the only problem is when you vacuum it out it kind of clogs up your vac. Some spray products made for pet odors are often less flowery-smelling, but more $$ than you probably want to pay.

5. keneds

keneds

Feb 18, 2006
    London Grove, PA.
    :spit: Try drier sheets, They say it will eliminate cigerette smell from your car also ( only if you smoke once in a while)

6. edulmes

edulmes

Aug 21, 2004
    Oostburg WI
    You can find an ozonator, which I use at work for getting odors out of cars at work, but they are $300+. I let my SKB case sit outside for a few days in a row, and after 9 months, I think it is gone. I noticed if you leave it closed, it will stink. Open it up empty and it doesn't smell nearly as bad.

7. FABREEZE!!!!!

8. here you go...

get a tobacco pipe...

and some nice ripe tobacco...

and sit in your case and smoke it all..

well.. i know thats what id do... cause pipe tobacco smells great when your not inhaling it...

anywho

9. +1, or there's some things in the store you can buy that are deordorizors (?) for refrigerators that come in a webbed pouch. You could just keep it in the case, without having to vacuum up stuff afterwards. I don't remember what they're called, but you'll probably find them at a Big Lots, or Wal-Mart kind of store. Also, try using some activated charcoal in a pouch to take up the smell. Just put either one in and close up the case. Good luck!