1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass case

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mr L, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Mr L

Mr L

Jul 22, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    So i bought this case off of CL for $20 off a guy and it's a little rough but it's for my squier affinity anyways (plus it was $20 can't complain).

It's a Ritter case but i can't for the life of me find anything about them. I am kinda confused by the case as it has no like path for the neck and the far post is right under the tuners.

Guy said he had just made some pegs out of wood and put them in the holes to keep it from sliding.

My question is, firstly... ***? and second how should i make this case usable?

r21c7r.
    11mcj2w.

2. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Not familiar with the case, but general tips for fit would be foam. You can cut it to snug the bass where needed. If the pegs do the job, attach some of the foam or other cushioning type material to them. Good luck. :cool:

3. THORRR

THORRR Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Parker, Colorado
    Looks like a generic cheapo hard case, but they're very
    usable under lightweight conditions.

You could install a Velcro Strap to hold the neck in place
    and use foam for a "saddle" for the neck to rest on.

And to make it a "fitted" case, there's nothing easier than
    cutting out a foam surround that lays in the case & fits your
    bass like a jigsaw puzzle piece.

:bassist:

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I would go to a local crafts or fabrics store (Jo-Ann Fabrics has them) and get three large sheets of foam. Glue one to the bottom of the case half the depth of the bottom.

Take the other sheet and trace around the bass with a marker on the foam, then cut out the shape of your bass. Glue that piece on top of the other bottom piece, then glue the other complete sheet to the upper lid.