Bass Cases

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jiro, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    My Old 1975 bass case is falling has holes in it now... I need a new bass case and perfer the rectangle ones... what is a good bass case for my 1975 p-bass?
  2. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    TKL makes some great cases. I guess it depends on whether you prefer a hard or soft case. I'm partial to the soft case. Better protection than a gig bag and lighter than a hard shell. The TLK model 6136 is a great soft case (rectangle shaped). I just purchased one for my F Bass BN5 and I'm very happy with it. I couldn't find one in stock any where but TKL told me to contact and said that they would drop ship it to me. I don't remember the exact cost but it was around $75.00. TKL also makes nice hard shell cases (my Elrick Hard shell case is made by TKL). Visit TKL's website to check out all of the models.
  3. I was going to recommend a TKL as well if you definitely want a rectangular one. For optimum protection and portability, consider an Incase bag.
  4. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Mine is from SKB. It works fine. The only problem I have had with it was caused by my own idiocy, I accidentally bent the key from turning it the wrong way. Nothing that a C-Clamp won't fix.
  5. BassDemon

May 18, 2004
    A good hard case is the only way to go.

A gig bag just keeps all the bits in on place when a drunk trips over and crashes into your gear.

The case my Modulus came in the best I've seen (short of a full on flight case).

Maybe somebody here knows who makes them.
  6. Basspolizei

Basspolizei Pseudo bass player/collector Gold Supporting Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Buy basses and lots of guns before it's too late! You have been warned.
    I have the SKB Fender series bass case for my P. The one shaped like a guitar. It is nice enough and has the logo but not much room for storage. It is made in Mexico and is durable enough. I just received a Coffin Case with bass as a gift and it looks incredible and mysterious. It has the diamond tuck purple velvet coffin padding material which reminds me I will die someday. I like the Coffin Case for the goth appearance but a Fender or TKL rectangle case might serve you better. Look for a Fender tweed with leather handle. I think your nastalgic Fender deserves one. They are around $140.00 if you can find a new one. Good luck........
  7. Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    Just looking at Rondomusic stuff how good is the CNB 220 Rectangular Case for Electric Guitar or Bass?
  8. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Do a search for Discount Distributors. They make ATA cases and such...
    I've got three of their ATA cases and they are awesome quality. 130 bucks shipped to my door and it fits my basses wonderfully.
  9. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I've purchased a few cases over the years and, believe it or not, have found eBay a good source. Most recently I purchased a brand new Fender tweed case for $110 shipped (for my '76 P-bass) and about a year ago I got a like-new Fender Jazz case for around $80 shipped. Both were Fender cases with the Fender tag on them. While I found cheaper cases available (SKB, etc.), for some reason it made me feel better to have a Fender case for my Fender basses. My only word of caution is make sure the case fits your bass. The Jazz and Precision cases are not always interchangeable. Good luck!