1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass cases

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by philt, Feb 7, 2003.

1. philt

philt

Oct 14, 2002
    Halifax UK
    Does anyone have any experience of customizing cases for upright bases. I have an old flat back 3/4 size bass (inherited - it was my dad's), and have bought a new vinyl case which is nearer full size. I hope to pad it with upholstery foam, and perhaps build a solid something or other to protect the bridge - haven't quite figured this out yet.

The only advice I have had so far is to use contact adhesive to stick the foam to the inside of the case (Evostick I think it's called - i'm in UK). I'm wondering if anyone made or adapted their own case, and if so have you got any suggestions or things to avoid? Someone has told me that foam deteriorates after a while, and may end up sticking to the bass.

I can't afford a solid case, and anyway the bass only just goes in the car at the moment, it's a Fiat Punto, so I need to make sure it still goes in afterwards!!!

Thanks!

Phil