1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass catching radio station

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tank73, Sep 19, 2010.

1. tank73

tank73

May 20, 2008
    I just installed an Audere preamp in my URSA six string bass, and now when I move balance from full bridge pickup I can hear a radio station through my speakers, STRANGE!! I am going to reinstall it tomorrow just want to see if anyone had a reason this happen.

Edit: this was not happening before the install, and I am not using any wireless gear

2. Unshielded control cavity and/or wiring.

Accidentally using a speaker cable instead of a guitar cord.

3. invalidprotocol

invalidprotocol Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2008
    DFW
    Is it something groovy you can jam along with?

4. Muaguana

Muaguana

Jul 28, 2009
    What station? Mine was some 24/7 Mariachi band or something. I'm not even sure it was an FM signal; it might have been AM straight from Mexico; who knows...

5. my jackson gets arabic chanting, but only when the volume knob is all the way off.

6. taphappy

taphappy doot de doo

Sep 28, 2007
    Tempe, Arizona
    Yep - think that one's 1400AM, Radio Fiesta! My old guitarist's half stack used to get either that or 1580 - Radio Disney. Which was awesome :)

7. Sketchy

Sketchy

Jul 15, 2010
    Bristol, UK
    Spinal Tap anyone?

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021