Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Central and my new Warwick double$$

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kingbrutis, Oct 8, 2005.

1. kingbrutis

kingbrutis

Aug 10, 2003
    Phoenix AZ
    Just a little note. I bought a new black Warwick Double $$ 4 string from Bass Central and couldn't be happier. I have never owned a pretty expensive bass before, but played an FNA jazz man at a local shop. I loved how the humbucker sounded, so I figured 2 would be even better. Anyway, I got a great price, but 1 problem. We have a show tonite and wanted to play the Warwick. He had one drop shipped from Warwick(CA to AZ). I ordered it 10/1 and had it 10/4. It would have taken alot longer shipped from FL. I restrung it B-E-A-D, and it sounds awesome. I didn't have to modify anything, execpt the pick up height (I play with a pick and really dig in, they were just too high). I thought I would have to trim the nut, but it was a nice fit. The B sounds very nice and not floppy. So weve practiced the last 3 days, so I've gotten pretty used to the tone. Very nice. I'll let you know how it sounds live. It is a very nice, pretty light bass and the tone.... I'll post some pics if anyone is interested. So thanks to you guys at TB for intruducing and recomending Perry at Bass Central. Later Joe

2. Sounds great man, pic's would be cool too :smug:

3. xring

xring

Sep 16, 2003
    Ohio
    Bass Central drop shipped a FNA Jazzman5 to me a few days ago. I will have it Monday. My Warwick is 5 miles away, but since it's the W/E, I have to wait! I called, but can't pick it up...
    Question: How would you compare the tone of the Double Buck as opposed to the Jazzman? These Warwicks are amazing. The quality just oozes out. Good catch! :hyper:

4. kingbrutis

kingbrutis

Aug 10, 2003
    Phoenix AZ
    The best way to describe the tone is agressive. It is very clear and a breeze to play. I would have a hard time comparing the jazzman, just because I only played one for about a half hour. I also havn't played it thru the same setup. That said, I dont think you would go wrong with either. We just play very hard fast music, so the agressive sound fits what we are doing. I'll have some pics up later. Joe

5. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    What!!! Where are the pics? I'd love to see it, sounds gorgeous!

6. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Good choice! im thinking of getting a Warwick $$ in the near future, post pics and soundclips (if possible)

:)

7. kingbrutis

kingbrutis

Aug 10, 2003
    Phoenix AZ
    I'll post some live shots when I get them, but here is the bass. It is very nice. Later Joe

Attached Files:

8. Ooo thats tasty!! Congrats man :hyper:

9. the_home

the_home Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    Congrats on the $$ :hyper:

It appears to be the same finish as my Fortress One - the highly desirable Nirvana Black.

10. kingbrutis

kingbrutis

Aug 10, 2003
    Phoenix AZ
    Pic of the band with my bass befroe the show. I'll get some live shots of the camcorder later. Like my Emo killers shirt? Emo=yuk. Later Joe

Attached Files:

11. Good looking bass. Is that a different top-wood than the body-wood?

12. congrats!!! bass central always does a great job.

13. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    God, those $$ are so amazing. I can just imagine how crazily good they must sound. Congrats.

14. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    I played one of these at a GC the other day....very impressive. At first I thought the neck was a bit too big, but in the end it was actually better for my hand, I really dug the solid feel. Both my basses have very tiny necks, at least compared to this Warwick. Weight was surprising too, I was expecting to use some back muscle to lift this thing but it's swamp ash IIRC so it was pretty lightweight. Great tone, very aggressive like kingbrutis said. I like the passive/active switch a lot. If I had an extra couple hundred I'd be buying one for sure. :)

AuG

15. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Congrats, Mine is just like it, very vesitile. A lot of fun. I got mine in Calif. but since I've moved out here, I've been doing a lot w/ BassCentral. They have gotten a lot of my money lately. Perry is great, I get Beaver on the phone a lot ( that sounds bad, don't go there), Ed's new but helpful. I'll shut up now and congrats again.

16. Tom

Tom

Sep 7, 2005
    Davis, CA
    I love the $$ at my local GC. That thing must sound downright mean through your Mesa/Ampeg rig. :cool:

17. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    Is that a 610HLF you've got there? Very nice....

18. VERY nice how does it sound with the $$ pickups??
    my corvette standard is on the way from bass central cant wait for it to arrive!!