Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Central Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by GetLow, Jun 22, 2005.

1. I went over to Bass Central today to purchase a GK 1001rb-II. I spoke with Grasshopper and bought the amp. The amp wasn't in stock, so I'll be picking it up in a few days.

I would like to let the rest of you guys know (many of you, I'm sure already know what I'm about to say) that they are the most professional, honest, friendly, straight-up place to buy from. I had heard good things on this forum regarding Bass Central, and it was a no-brainer to go to them with my bass needs.

If anyone else has dealt with them, share your story.

2. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    I bought my QSC PLX1602 through them. They gave me a great deal on it, because there was a used one shown on their webpage that I wanted, but was no longer in stock. It was an easy, fast deal, and the package arrived promptly and in great condition. Great guys to work with!

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...Bass Central????

Sheesh, they're the WORST!!!!

:spit:

...hee hee hee!!!!

;)

Naw, great bunch of guys, although I have heard a rumor that the coolest one isn't there anymore....

:ninja:

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Whose yous callin' uh chucklehead, chucklehead????

:spit:

Yeah, they went swimmingly for YOU....ever think how the guy on the other end felt??? Huh? HUH???

;)

5. I have bought from them an mtd 535, an eden 2x10 xlt and recently a fretless stingray 5. Each time they were excellent people answering all my emails at prompt. The eden cab and the fretless were bought through the web, and since I live in Venezuela, didnt have the chance to try them first. They were of a great help answering all my questions. Excellent people to deal with. I had the opportunity speek with Gard, Grashopper, and Beaver Felton all excellent people and really nice to deal with. Also they gave me great prices.

6. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I bought my skyline Glaub through them and was very pleasantly surprised to be treated as a valued customer and not given the snobbish/indifferent attitudes I'm used to sometimes receiving from music stores. I even got to chat with Beaver Felton for a minute. :cool:

7. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

They've got me for life!

Just started playing again in 2001 after a 14 year hiatus. I was used to the typical music store employee who thought he was too good to work where he was. You know, the guy who's doing you a favor by showing you some gear.

Then I walked into Bass Central in January 2002 while on business in Orlando. They didn't know who I was, they quickly saw that I was no great player, and they had no idea how much money I would spend there within the next three years.

They answered questions, allowed me to try what ever I wanted (at first they got them down for me) and made me feel welcome. I left feeling like I were treated like Victor Wooten, Marcus Miller or Sir Paul Mc Cartney.

Between 2002 and 2005, I bought an Eden Metro, Eden XLT-115, Roscoe SKB-3006, Roscoe SKB-3005 fretless, Monster cables, double gig bag, numerous strings, and a cover for one of my cabs. Am I leaving anything out? Oh, yeah... Gard gave me some lessons and a pair of black socks. I forgot them for a formal dinner I was going to that evening. I was late and at my lesson at his appartment. True story.

So go to Bass Central for your all your bass needs and formal wear accessories.

But seriously, they will do what ever you need so you can make the right choices for yourself. That being said, they are always busy. So don't call them to discuss the new Victor Wooten album or the time you shared an elevator with Rocco Prestia. They don't have time for that. But help you with bass gear, they will.

8. Mybe I just got someone on a bad day there then. For a while I exchanged some emails with Bass Central and BassNW about purchasing my preamp a couple months ago and BassNW was always nothing less than the best in dealing with questions I had about whatever (prices, availibility, etc.). Anyways, after about 3 emails with Bass Central, I felt as though I were a waste of their time.

I don't have it anymore, but I recieved an email to the effect that we didn't seem to be able to come to an agreement and that I should take my business elsewhere...

I dunno, seems like all you guys had great experiences with them. Maybe I should give them another chance.

9. moorebass

moorebass Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I've been dealing with them for 7 years, and I have had nothing but good experiences with them. I have purchased an Eden Metro, Eden 410XLT, SWR Workingman's Combo, a MTD535, a Bergantino Mini-Stack (HT112 and EX112), an F Bass BN-5 and an Accugroove El Whappo from them, and they have treated me with the same curtousy and respect from the time I was a new customer until the present. I've only dealt directly with Beaver and Grasshopper, and they are both outstanding guys (as I'm sure every who works there is).

Please realize that they get about 800-1200 e-mails a day. They always seems to answer questions quickly and succinctly. They have always tried to work with me to give me the best price possible. However, IME Beaver will be up front with you. If there is no way he can sell a product to you for what you are offering, he will let you know. This to me is not rude, but rather keeps both parties from wasting their time if they can't come to an agreement on price.

10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    ...so, where the heck are my socks????

;)

11. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I've bought a bass, a cabinet, and a double gig and a few pickguards all from BC, and had great deals each time. I'll miss having Gard as a resource there.

12. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    I've bought a great deal from Bass Central though the years, they offer excellent support and service!

13. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga

I'll second that. Whenever I'm going to buy a relatively pricey piece of gear, they're the first place I go. Good deals, great service, cool folks, what else can you ask for?

14. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Calm down. You'll get them when I send you my 3006 for the Demeter refit.

What's the matter? Your tootsies getting a little cold now that you're not in Florida anymore?

15. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I purchased my Skyline Darryl Jones over the phone from Bass Central and it arrived promptly and in great condition. Took the time to answer my questions about their different basses and made me feel welcome.

16. clouddead

clouddead

Jan 15, 2003
    orlando
    Bought a pair of GS112's about two years ago. That store is heaven on earth for bass players.

17. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I concur.

I had a great experience dealing with Grasshopper. He went above and beyond for me and even followed up after the fact, well after I'd bought my bass. Super friendly too!

I'm very impressed.

18. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Yep, great guys!!!

I bought a Lakland 55-01 and a Eden WT-550 from Gard, back when he was there.

:bassist: :D :bassist:

19. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    I got my Musicman SR5 shipped from there to me in Melbourne, Australia.. Arrived in perfect condition.. had a small issue with the nut (g string slippage) so Grasshopper sent me a new nut and 2 new packs of EB Slinkey strings for my troubles... AWESOME SERVICE.... will definitly buy from them again AND suggest them at every possible oppertunity to my bass gear buying buddies around the world... which everything went as smooth as it does with Bass Central...

20. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Same here, I saw a used SVT 410-HLF on their site, which was gone when I called, so they gave me an awesome deal on a new one. Hopper is a great seller to deal with.