1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Central/Music Man question..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Darth Tater, May 4, 2006.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater

May 20, 2005
    Do they really have all those basses on their website in stock? All those Stingray 5's....do they have all of them or are all those pictures just there for reference?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Generally they really do have them in stock. Sometimes the webstie isnt updated,so its best to send them an email about a particular one, but yes, they post pictures of basses they have for sale.

3. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    I mailed them once and they told me they have about 80 ijn the store, and the rest in other place secure. They told me that if i was going there to try one to mail them before so they could take the bass to the store

Im talking about all the basses, not just the Musicman

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater

May 20, 2005
    Good Lord. I could probably spend a solid week in that place :)

5. Fong249

Fong249

May 25, 2005
    Washington, DC
    I dont mean to piggy back but I dont think its worth opening up a new thread over, but is there anywhere where one can find gold hardware for a musicman stingray? I was thinking that i saw some once, but cant remember where. Oh man, gold hardware on a white sr5 with a pearloid pickguard and a rosewood finish would kill me.

6. It's a great way to waste time after my lessons!

7. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    The new '06 Limited Edition Stingrays (and Bongos & Sterlings) have a gloss black body with all GOLD hardware. Even the pole pieces on the pickup and the trussrod wheel are gold. You could buy one of those, then swap the hardware with your white SR5.

I think that's about your only bet unless you plan to have your hardware plated.

8. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    I bought a used MTD from Bass Central once, and the picture was still showing 'available' about 6 months after I got it.

I'm not sure how they do on the new basses.

It's easy though, just give them a call.

9. Mike or Dave? If it's Mike, a year ago, it woulda been ME...

;)

...yeah, it's a wonderful way to spend free time, just staring at all those basses. Sad thing about working there was that you were generally so busy, you didn't have much time to oogle the instruments...

:meh:

...of course, I gotta say I'm MUCH happier now! :D

10. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    When I got my stingray from there, I asked about 10 basses that I saw on their site, and they had about 7 of them still in stock. It's quite an experience to go in the store and have them line up 5 or so basses that have only a slight difference in them (body color, non-matching headstock, pick guard color, etc, etc...) and try them all out to find the one that you enjoy the most.