Bass Central report

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brendan, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, here's another thread where I state the obvious, and reiterate my own opinions. :D

Best of, well, EVER: Roscoe SKB 3007. Roscoe 7 banger, easily the best bass I've ever played in my life. No contest. I will own one now. It plays STUPID easy, and better than a lot of 6ers and 5ers. It makes 7s seem much more playable and less intimidating. Handles like a breeze, even though it's packing 7 strings. Has a killer top end and a low end that is called the B of Doom for a reason.

Biggest Surprise: Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub (sp?) sig. I played the Lakland and the Skyline back to back, and the Skyline moder has a whole lot more mojo than the "real" thing. It I were to own a 4 string P bass, I would make it this one. Nails the P sound better than Fender. If I had the money, I would have walked out with this one.

Other than that, it was just buisness as usual. Well, if you call bass central usual.
  2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    you kow what is ironic?

i knew damn well what you were going to say, yet i read your thread anyway!

i totally agree with bren-master-dan on all points.

but i still would take a fretless roscoe 5 over the 7. but that's for functional purposes, mostly. i still enjoyed playing the 7. a lot.

(and i beat you to it in regards to posting about the eden xst210, brendan!)

also of note:

a) i got to play gard's zon! awesome!

b) i didn't f' up at all! (but there were a few close calls...)

c) this WAS going to be the first time i drove to orlando...but i pussed out by the time i got to brendan's house. i need to practice driving more often, update my eyeglasses' presecription, etc.
  3. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    That 7 string does play easier than a lot of 6 strings I've tried. My grubby paws have been all over that thing at the TB shctick. In fact, I licked it, so back off :D.
  4. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    all this and no bass to show for it.. I am ashamed to know you ;)
  5. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    but so did....

6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I have 2 little brothers and an older sister. You think a lick is gonna stop me!?

And ldeizman...ONLY because I decided I need a Roscoe 7 very much more than a cab. So It looks like a new preamp for my Kingston to tide me over till I can wrangle the dough for a Roscoe 7. I can't even look at a Roscoe 5...just not enough strings. Wow. I'm like JT Jr. :D
  7. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    so you need to buy like four or five of 'em at once to at least close the gap!

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Ain't she though? :D

...well, Neal and I "Brad-proofed" the store before you got there!

Yeah, don't suck, do it?

Scariest statement of, well, EVER! :eek:

You licked it??...where????

...remember, I had it in my personal possession for two days before it got to Atlanta. You don't want to know how I "marked" it...

....did it taste....strange???

9. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Get the Mohullet and you'll be set, my man.
  10. :eek: ewww
  11. Naw... tasted like chicken!

12. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    still waiting on my custom ordered fretted LG3005, and fretless LG3005. :(

but as soon as i get 'em, i know the LG3005 will be my new no. 1. played all of 'em at Guitar Villa in PA, and dammit, they felt like they were made specifically for me. then again, its no wonder Keith started out doing custom guitars, then switched over to bass.

and dammit no.2, no one's gonna lick 'em but me! unless of course, Keith is weird like that.... ;):D