1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Central "String Club" question

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Mr Top 10, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Mr Top 10

Mr Top 10

Nov 22, 2006
    So Bass Central lists DR Hi-Beams for $23 (4 string bass)...and if I join "the string club" and order (3) packs minimum, I get those for half off? I saw they said that, but I wasn't sure if the price they list already reflected the half off or not.

If so, then, by that rationale I should be able to get (3) packs of Hi-Beams for half off $69 then $10 for shipping....about $45...? Is that how you understand it?

If so that's a hella-steal.

2. rsautrey

rsautrey Banned

Jul 27, 2000
    I'm thinking that the prices posted ($23 for 4 string DR sets) are the half off retail price. Not really a great deal when you factor in the shipping charge.

3. Mr Top 10

Mr Top 10

Nov 22, 2006
    I got confirmation from Beaver that those indeed are halved prices. So you're right...and you need to order (3) packs to get that price too, so Juststrings.com it is. :)

4. rsautrey

rsautrey Banned

Jul 27, 2000
    I'm not sure if you like shopping the "big box" music places but both Musician's Friend and Music 123 sell DR Hi-Beams for $19.99 for four string sets.

5. Mr Top 10

Mr Top 10

Nov 22, 2006
    Well that is cheaper...! Thanks. (I mean, does it matter where certain strings come from? Hi-Beams from one...or from another place...still Hi-Beams).

6. Mr Top 10

Mr Top 10

Nov 22, 2006
    123 is that price and only $5 shipping versus $23 and $9-$10 shipping at Juststrings or bass central...!

$25 versus about $33. That's a good savings. :)

7. rsautrey

rsautrey Banned

Jul 27, 2000
    Hi-Beams are Hi-Beams no matter where you shop. DR Hi-Beams are a very popular string and the big online guys probably move large quantities of them so they probably have fresh stock too.

8. Mr Top 10

Mr Top 10

Nov 22, 2006

Exactly. I mean, someone could have a fundamental issue with the big guy stores, but on a limited budget I need bang for buck....and if I can save $8 on a purchase of strings, I'm going to shop with Satan himself if he's got the goods.

(I'm joking, Bush doesn't really sell bass strings).

9. rsautrey

rsautrey Banned

Jul 27, 2000
    I personally have never had a problem with Musician's Friend or Music 123. Sometimes, they have free shipping too which can save even more. Juststrings.com pissed me off once over a couple of sets of acoustic guitar strings that were backordered but they didn't tell me. Then they tried to blame the string maker (Dean Markley). All I wanted to know was that they were backordered and it was like pulling teeth to find out. I'm sure it was a one time thing because many other people have good luck with them. Juststrings.com prices are kinda steep compared to Musician's Friend or Music 123. Stringthis.com used to sell DR Hi-Beams for $16.95 a set!! Now they are like $23 or so.