Bass Central to the rescue.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by syciprider, Feb 11, 2006.

1. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I missed the availability window for those 2005 limited edition Butterdream SR4s. Two weeks ago I wandered onto Beaver's site and saw that they have one in the configuration I want (HH, maple f/b). Now I know that they don't update often and what is shown on the site may not be there anymore but what the hey, I emailed him anyway. Sure enough that one was sold. Next day he emails me again. He was able to track another one down! I was on it faster than Rosie O Donnell can jump in the buffet line.

It arrived last night. Perfectly set up out of the box.

I played around with the 5 way switch.

1: Rear pup only. The Stingray sound.

2: A sharp slappable tone. Also good for tunes that call for a well defined bassline.
    3: Reminds me of Seymour Duncan QPs. Very big sound. Suitable for pieces that need a heavy bassbeat. Too bootilicious for slapping.

4: Grrrrooowwwllls and burps. Reminds me of Glenn Hughes' tone in Burn from the Deep Purple Made in Europe album. The slap tone has a little less edge than setting 2.

5: 1/8th note rock was the first thing I thought of. Heavy driving tone. Again, too much @$$ for slapping.

Countless more tones available with the versatile 3B MM EQ.

As limited as the Buttercream Rays are, the dual puppers are even rarer. And most have rosewood boards.

Thanks Beaver and Ed of Bass Central!
  2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    That's a hot looking bass! Congrats and happy playing :bassist:
  3. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Nice catch!!! You are so lucky. I can only imagine how that beast sounds!
  4. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Ahhhhhh the GAS pains.

Awesome score!
  5. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I get everything that Beaver carries from Bass Central now. He's light on accessories, but he's gotten me for 3 basses and 2 amps now and has always treated me right.
  6. bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    That is a beautiful bass, there is nothing about it that isn't perfect.

Very nice, very nice.
  7. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Wow, that is Bea-ut-ti-ful! Yeah, when I saw the 2005 LE show up on BNW's website on that first Wednesday, I was on the phone with my CC before noon. Enjoy, and I love the maple neck.
  8. I never liked white color bass but this one is killing.
    White body and maple fingerboard matchs great..
    Congrat, man..:cool:
  9. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Hey thanks for the comments guys. For those who worry about the "classic" SR weight that comes with the classic SR tone, this one is light. It must be the extra routing (it also has an access panel in the back).

The color reminds me of white Toblerone:hyper:

Anyway, yup, sounds great. G&L fans with a secret MM fetish will love this one.
  10. stars

Feb 11, 2006
    just curious... does Basscentral carry G&L tributes ?
  11. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Email the Beav. He's good @ responding.
  12. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice bass ;) of course.

You really feel setting 3 has too much booty for slapping?

Also, hows the fingerstyle tone of setting 2 compare to setting 1? Is it rounder/warmer at all?
  13. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Two is clearer. The EQ can make all the settings real warm. It's the note color that changes IMHO. You're gunna love yours Fig!