1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Centre Collection basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adamsmatthewj, Jun 2, 2014.

1. adamsmatthewj

adamsmatthewj

May 4, 2013
    Ok so I've done a bit of searching on here, and am not seeing much pertaining to these basses...
    I saw a little sidebar in last month's Bass Player magazine about Elvis Costello's bassist having a signature Pbass through them, so I looked it up...
    They have some VERY cool Pbasses and Jbasses in some VERY cool colors for some VERY cool prices...
    Anyone have one, anyone played one? I'm super intrigued by the "Detroit" Pbass:
    http://www.basscentre.com/bass-collection-detroit-bass.html
    (If not only because I love the idea of an iconic American bass and sound being given tribute to, and replicated by, a UK entity! That's cool right there. Same reason I love to order an "Americano" from starbucks in NY lol!)
    Anyway, thoughts? Experiences?

2. telecopy

telecopy

Dec 6, 2009
    USA
    I'd get a Fender or a G&L. They do look nice, though..

3. inate_hex

inate_hex

Apr 4, 2010
    Manchester, England
    I occasionally wet the bed.
    I don't like the look of the headstock. The surf green p bass copy looks cool though.

Musicman Bongo club #175

4. adamsmatthewj

adamsmatthewj

May 4, 2013
    Yeah I don't think it would necessarily take the place of my Fender, but for such a good price, and really cool colors like "Wimbledon green", I'm wondering if it isn't worth having one around?
    For the price I'd be expecting maybe sharp fret ends and possibly needing to replace the pickup, but those are easy fixes.
    Hoping someone who has one or has played one can chime in?

5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

You mean a Chinese entity. These are sourced out. I had never heard of the brand prior to subscribing to Bass UK.

6. They're apparently made in a Korean factory:
    "After the demise of Nanyo Boeki in the early noughties, The Bass Centre acquired the Bass Collection name and, with our own distribution company, House Music, already established as a dynamic guitar manufacturer, The Bass Centre secured access to the same Korean factory that produces the phenomenally successful Brian May Guitars range."

http://www.basscentre.com/bass-collection.html

7. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Weren't Bass Collection somehow associated with Tune Guitars back in the 80s or 90s? Or maybe they just looked the same...