Bass Chairs-which are the best?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Baron von Basso, Mar 30, 2003.

1. Baron von Basso

Baron von Basso

Nov 3, 2002
    I've recently began to realize that the particular stool that I use is probably contributing to my frequent trips to the chiropractor with out-of-whack hips. I have another that is not too stable so I've been looking for comfortable, AFFORDABLE bass chairs.

I've come to realize that there is no such beast, but I'm still looking for something comfortable and not terribly expensive. Any thoughts? I really like the Opus brand which slopes slightly downward in the front and takes the pressure off of the hips but they are expensive and I've heard that the company isn't the best to deal with-they tend to ignore deadlines and deliver when they feel like it.

Does anybody have any thoughts on good chairs? I like the downward slope and the fact that these are portable. I can't get one of the $750 chairs with the scaffolding around the bottom for foot rests and stuff.
  2. Pete G

Pete G

Dec 31, 2001
    Northern Virginia
    One of my teachers uses an earlier version of the Kolstein chair, which is viewable at:

It's not cheap, but it's half the price of the other one you described, and the Kolstein chair does work well.

The other one is a fine stool for when you can afford it. I bought one a couple of years ago, and I've never regretted the purchase.
  3. Check out this thread, and look for the QuikLok D749. I bought one (~$130) on the strength of other users' comments, and am mightily impressed...

- Wil