Bass Chamber Music

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Baron von Basso, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Baron von Basso

Baron von Basso

Nov 3, 2002
    I am interested in digging up some of the more obscure bass music. I am especially interested in chamber music and was wondering what sort of stuff you folks are into? I am not interested in the Trout or Dvorak or things like that, but more like the Hoffmeister quartets, Prokofiev Quintet and Sperger viola/bass duo.

I have been listening to a concerto by Respighi for violin, piano, oboe, trumpet and bass called the "concerto a cinque" and NOBODY has been able to help me locate the music. Anybody out there have any suggestions? It is for hire only and a score exists in 3 libraries in the US which I am looking into.

So...what are some of the lesser known works that some of you would suggest?
  2. EFischer1

EFischer1 Guest

Mar 17, 2002
    New York, New York
    Tomarrow night i am performing Bottesini - Une Bouche Aimee.

It is scored for piano, bass, and soprano. Its a really great piece.

Good luck in your search!
  3. Baron von Basso

Baron von Basso

Nov 3, 2002
    It IS a great piece. I have Tom Martin's edition...which are you using? It seems that that has become a bit of a popular aria and I've noticed a few editions in the Lemur catalog. Good luck on the show. I've never gotten to work on it outside of just practicing it on my own.

Where are you playing it? I can't get there, but maybe some other folks on here can.