1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

bass choice advice - moving on from a Westone

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by goldensteve, Apr 6, 2006.

1. goldensteve

goldensteve

Apr 6, 2006
    Hi -

I have been playing a Westone Thunder IA since it was new, and I like it but really want to move onto something better, and maybe fretless. Trouble is, the Westone is so nice to play! I do a lot of thumb hammering and string pulling, and haven't identified anything else that lets me do that so well,

For e.g., I finally got to try a Les Paul bass today, and though it was a beautiful instrument that sounded absolutey awesome, I couldn't get my fingers easily under the G string and when I thumped the E with my thumb the string bounced off the top of the pickup.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance

goldensteve

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I had a Westone Thunder III Fretless in the 1980s - now that was a nice bass!! If you can find one of those - they are a real step up!

Of the modern basses I've seen - the Peavey Cirrus basses struck me as most similar.....?