1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Club Chicago now open at Maken' Music

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GregC, Aug 11, 2007.

1. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Bass Club Chicago has now set up camp at Make'n Music, 1455 W. Hubbard, until they move into a new permanent spot in October. More info here:
    http://bassclubchicago.com/06/main.html

Chicago-area TBers, if you never got to their old store, these guys are well worth your support. By far the best selection of mid/high-end basses, amps and cabs in our area, IMO (check their brand list!), and they're good guys to boot. I plan to get in to this location soon!

2. They will be in the same building when their own store is complete. Much easier for me to get to than Alsip.

3. GregC

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Ah, thanks, Gomez, I didn't know that. That location will be much easier to me, too. Bump for the Monday folks!

4. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    not for me... :rolleyes:
    It's even farther now form NW Indiana.

5. rummy

rummy

Apr 17, 2006
    Lombard, IL
    Cool, cool. :bassist:

6. Mikeyd74

Mikeyd74

Jul 28, 2007
    Definitely going to check that out!

7. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    I was there a few weeks ago...the current setup is very limited. If you're making the trip I'd wait until they're moved into their real digs.

8. GregC

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    According to the site, they have about 30 basses set up. Was that your experience?

It's really convenient for me now, almost on my way home from work. So a limited setup won't bother me.

9. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    Yeah, that sounds about right. He had a few Sadowskys, nice Laklands, some cool NS EUBs, and a few other nice things out, but no more than a handful of amps.

10. BIGREDSIX

BIGREDSIX Supporting Member

I'm with Big String; too far now. I don't want to drive all the way downtown. That being said, Mark is a great guy to do business with. FWIW - I highly recommend him to one and all.:bassist:

11. jzbass6

jzbass6 One Nation Under A Groove

+1 for me, :crying: I was stopping by at least 2 or 3 times a month at the old location, 20 minutes away. I hoped he would stay out south, getting up north is going to be a struggle for me. Anyone know the parking situation at the new place?

12. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Do any of you guys go or know about the Chicago Guitar show?
    I've never been to Chicago and was wondered if it was worth attending?
    Its held at DuPage Expo, 4050 E. Main St., St. Charles, IL.

Thanks for any info anyone has.