Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Collection basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkpunker, Jan 11, 2003.

1. hey, im wondering if there is a website or something that has loads of info and pics of Bass Collection basses (possibly even prices). My ex-bass teacher had one, but neither of us new what it was at the time, but i recently found out it was a bass collection bass. it had a great feel and sound some im interested in looking into getting one, to replace my (semi-)crap soundgear. UK infro would be better, but any is good!! cheers guys.
    J.

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Bass Collection is a japanese brand.
    They specialize(d ?) in cheap Tune BassManiac copies.
    medium 32" scale, active sound, very highrangy.
    Usually slap machines, but not much lows.
    Their 5 string basses are a disaster mainly due to the 32" scale, but their 4 are a great alternative to more expensive models in the same vein, like Spector, Tune or Warwick.

3. :confused:

32in scale?
    I'm pretty sure in all reviews i've read they are 34in scale????

4. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    The Bass Centre is/was one of their main distributers. Give them a call

5. I run a BC SB310 4 string. There's a thread of mine somewhere on this board about the problems I'm having with it.

They are great basses to play (IMHO) but the sound leaves plenty to be desired.

I don't think they paid much attention to the actives (and I'm an electronics techie :eek: ). Bc Basses would probably be better as passive basses.

John

6. JMBass

JMBass

Nov 27, 2002
    Portugal
    In fact I had a BC bass (don't remember the model) but the electronics were not good at all and it uses to make a very loud noise.

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I've played 3 of them in my whole life including a 5 string, and they were all 32" or so.