Bass Collection basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkpunker, Jan 11, 2003.

1. hey, im wondering if there is a website or something that has loads of info and pics of Bass Collection basses (possibly even prices). My ex-bass teacher had one, but neither of us new what it was at the time, but i recently found out it was a bass collection bass. it had a great feel and sound some im interested in looking into getting one, to replace my (semi-)crap soundgear. UK infro would be better, but any is good!! cheers guys.
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Bass Collection is a japanese brand.
    They specialize(d ?) in cheap Tune BassManiac copies.
    medium 32" scale, active sound, very highrangy.
    Usually slap machines, but not much lows.
    Their 5 string basses are a disaster mainly due to the 32" scale, but their 4 are a great alternative to more expensive models in the same vein, like Spector, Tune or Warwick.
  3. :confused:

32in scale?
    I'm pretty sure in all reviews i've read they are 34in scale????
  4. ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    The Bass Centre is/was one of their main distributers. Give them a call
  5. I run a BC SB310 4 string. There's a thread of mine somewhere on this board about the problems I'm having with it.

They are great basses to play (IMHO) but the sound leaves plenty to be desired.

I don't think they paid much attention to the actives (and I'm an electronics techie :eek: ). Bc Basses would probably be better as passive basses.

6. JMBass

Nov 27, 2002
    In fact I had a BC bass (don't remember the model) but the electronics were not good at all and it uses to make a very loud noise.
  7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I've played 3 of them in my whole life including a 5 string, and they were all 32" or so.