Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Collection by SGC Nanyo fretless 4

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Kelly Coyle, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    FS: Bass Collection by SGC Nanyo four string fretless. It's in reasonably good shape (there are a couple of dings), plays well, sounds good (but read below). P/J pickups, active preamp, ebony fingerboard, natural ash (sen) body. These are lightweight, mid-range basses. You can read about them at Harmony Central , and there's a few mentions on TalkBass you can find if you search. In the interest of full disclosure, the "d" on the "g" string is a little dead. It has pretty recent TI flats on it and a cheapie gig bag.

I was going to refurbish this bass when a friend offered to build one for me. So, along with the bass I have a P/J set from Bill Lawrence and an Aguilar OBP3 preamp that I intended to install; I had hoped to make it noiseless and further improve the sound. You can install them, or sell them, or whatever. Neither has been used in any way.

$600 for everything, plus shipping (probably $30 in the US). I have PayPal (and an excellent record on eBay!) or you can send a check.

2. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    I guess I should try splitting these up before I resort to eBay.

For the bass: $350 plus shipping. It is pretty sweet; you should buy it.

For the Aguilar: $150 shipped. Never used.

For the Lawrence P/J set: $100 shipped. Never used.