Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass collection on ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by andysvec, Dec 18, 2005.

1. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    isn't this the same collection of basses that someone had up last month, then all of a sudden were no longer a registered user and they all came down?

- ebay link -

It's now user 7055brenda with a 0 feedback, selling all this gear for a friend. Last time it was many of the same items (though I see a few different ones) from some other user saying it was due to a change in employment or something. Seems a little fishy, but some nice pieces there.

2. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Well, I don' know anything about the previous listings or user issues, but all the photos were taken in the same location, the back of a pickup truck in some garage somewhere. Not the location I would select to photograph several thousand dollars worth of equipment, but hey who knows. I always question and shy away from "I'm selling these for a friend", especially when it's from a person who's never sold anything before. Nobody's ever asked me to sell anything for them.

3. The first four listed all got my attention and then the rest were of no interest at all. Love the color of the Sterling.

4. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    i was thinking the same thing... i remember the flea bass being posted a couple months back. i was going to bid on it because the price was real low with less than an hour left but changed my mind. someone should give ebay a heads up. i would if i knew how.

5. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    I allready sold for friends who had never used ebay. But because I have a 88 positive feedback, I don't see the point to ask a beginner on ebay to sell...

6. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I wouldn't touch any of them. Those ads look too damn complete to come from a 'newbie'.....but that's just me.

7. Looks too suspicious . . .

8. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    so who here bid on the purple flea?