Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Collection SB310 $150 OBO Re-List

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pointbass, Jan 4, 2006.

1. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    After getting several confused PM's, it's obvious that my first posting was incoherent. So, to clear things up a bit, here is some better detail:

Original SGC Nanyo SB310 Bass Collection active bass that the Rondo/SX301 (passive) is modeled after. This bass, built in Japan in 1989, is the real deal, not the Rondo downgraded Chinese version.

All original: Gotoh tuners and bridge, SGC active pickups in a P/J configuration, beautiful translucent cherry finish showing the nice figuring of the ash body, ebony fretboard, full 24 fret range, 34" scale. Single truss rod, 4 bolt neck.

[​IMG]

The bass is extremely light, based on my crappy scale it's about 7.5 pounds. The neck is super thin and fast. It's 1.5" at the nut, 2 3/8" at the 24th fret. The body is on the smaller side, leaning more towards a Spector-size than a bulky Fender. The bass is in excellent shape .....

[​IMG][​IMG]

I don't need to keep this bass, it never gets any playing time and I need to clear out some space. Asking $150 plus shipping cost ($15.00 using FedEx Ground insured to continental US locations), includes the HSC.

I am open for a possible trade for a 5 or 6 string fretted or fretless. I know it will be lower end stuff that's offered for trade, Fender MIM or SX or Brice, and that's cool. I'm willing to put a little cash on the table with the bass for a trade of a slightly higher quality 5 or 6.

Again, this is a sweet bass, not the lower end Chinese Rondo version. I'll leave it here for a little while, then it's off to the nasty 'bay. Great value for a bass of this quality .... :cool:

2. pointbass

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    A little interest, but nothing firm, so ....

A little bump .... :cool:

3. pointbass

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    PM returned ..... :cool:

One possible deal pending and another deal on the table ....

4. pointbass

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Done deal :D

Thanks for all of the interest .....

If the deal does go bust (highly unlikely) ampeglb100 is next in line, rogerbmiller next after that ........ :cool: