1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Collection SB310 $150 OBO Re-List

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pointbass, Jan 4, 2006.

1. pointbass

pointbass Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    After getting several confused PM's, it's obvious that my first posting was incoherent. So, to clear things up a bit, here is some better detail:

Original SGC Nanyo SB310 Bass Collection active bass that the Rondo/SX301 (passive) is modeled after. This bass, built in Japan in 1989, is the real deal, not the Rondo downgraded Chinese version.

All original: Gotoh tuners and bridge, SGC active pickups in a P/J configuration, beautiful translucent cherry finish showing the nice figuring of the ash body, ebony fretboard, full 24 fret range, 34" scale. Single truss rod, 4 bolt neck.

[​IMG]

The bass is extremely light, based on my crappy scale it's about 7.5 pounds. The neck is super thin and fast. It's 1.5" at the nut, 2 3/8" at the 24th fret. The body is on the smaller side, leaning more towards a Spector-size than a bulky Fender. The bass is in excellent shape .....

[​IMG][​IMG]

I don't need to keep this bass, it never gets any playing time and I need to clear out some space. Asking $150 plus shipping cost ($15.00 using FedEx Ground insured to continental US locations), includes the HSC.

I am open for a possible trade for a 5 or 6 string fretted or fretless. I know it will be lower end stuff that's offered for trade, Fender MIM or SX or Brice, and that's cool. I'm willing to put a little cash on the table with the bass for a trade of a slightly higher quality 5 or 6.

Again, this is a sweet bass, not the lower end Chinese Rondo version. I'll leave it here for a little while, then it's off to the nasty 'bay. Great value for a bass of this quality .... :cool:

2. pointbass

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    A little interest, but nothing firm, so ....

A little bump .... :cool:

3. ampeglb100

ampeglb100

Oct 1, 2002
    Portland, OR
  4. pointbass

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    PM returned ..... :cool:

One possible deal pending and another deal on the table ....

5. pointbass

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Done deal :D

Thanks for all of the interest .....

If the deal does go bust (highly unlikely) ampeglb100 is next in line, rogerbmiller next after that ........ :cool: