Bass Collections?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basegetar, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Uhh, I have a Bass Collections (Bass Collection? Sorry I don't have it with me) 5 String Bass. I have never heard of this, and I've had it for a year now and I haven't heard anything about it ever. I think I heard the Bassist from Muse plays one, but I'd like to be able to find info on it. Thanks.
  2. Wow, I found something on Harmony Central. It was a review of a 5-String Bass Collections Bass. It sounds like mine, but he talks about active pickups. Is it possible that I've had active pickups all this time? How do I find out? Thanks.
  3. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Does your bass have a battery?
  4. Bass Collection are very nice basses for the money you pay.

A famous player who (used) to play a bass collection is Stuart Zender from Jamiroquai.

They are distributed by SGC Nanyo I think and are made in Japan.

I checking a 5-string out tommorow and i'm looking forward to it.

To check if it is active check the back of your BC,
    if it is it will have a small plastic backplate.

They don't have a internetsite and info is rare to find.

If i find more info i'll post it.
  5. Thanks Markjazz, I looked over my bass.. it's not active. The pickups really suck though. For some reason the g string barely picks up... because of that I grew angry at it and never play it. I defreted it and it made it sound a little better... but it still sucks. In the little info I've heard, I did hear bass collections were pretty good.... hmmmmmm.
  6. hey
    I own a Bass Collection 335
    its a 5 string with active/passive electronics, and soapbar pickups, i have pics if your curious.
    i did try the model down from mine in the shop just b4 i brought it, it was passive, and had j style pickups, might be yours!

7. I have just gotten a "new" bass collection II 5-stringer.

Check the following link out.

Link for picture directory

Pics are listed basscol1 through basscol4.jpg