1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Collections?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basegetar, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Uhh, I have a Bass Collections (Bass Collection? Sorry I don't have it with me) 5 String Bass. I have never heard of this, and I've had it for a year now and I haven't heard anything about it ever. I think I heard the Bassist from Muse plays one, but I'd like to be able to find info on it. Thanks.

2. Wow, I found something on Harmony Central. It was a review of a 5-String Bass Collections Bass. It sounds like mine, but he talks about active pickups. Is it possible that I've had active pickups all this time? How do I find out? Thanks.

3. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Does your bass have a battery?

4. Bass Collection are very nice basses for the money you pay.

A famous player who (used) to play a bass collection is Stuart Zender from Jamiroquai.

They are distributed by SGC Nanyo I think and are made in Japan.

I checking a 5-string out tommorow and i'm looking forward to it.

To check if it is active check the back of your BC,
    if it is it will have a small plastic backplate.

They don't have a internetsite and info is rare to find.

If i find more info i'll post it.

5. Thanks Markjazz, I looked over my bass.. it's not active. The pickups really suck though. For some reason the g string barely picks up... because of that I grew angry at it and never play it. I defreted it and it made it sound a little better... but it still sucks. In the little info I've heard, I did hear bass collections were pretty good.... hmmmmmm.

6. hey
    I own a Bass Collection 335
    its a 5 string with active/passive electronics, and soapbar pickups, i have pics if your curious.
    i did try the model down from mine in the shop just b4 i brought it, it was passive, and had j style pickups, might be yours!

*Si*

7. I have just gotten a "new" bass collection II 5-stringer.

Check the following link out.

Link for picture directory

Pics are listed basscol1 through basscol4.jpg