1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass combo mod.(yur advise needed)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassslayer69, Mar 4, 2008.

1. I have a combo that contains a 15, and lots of extra baffle space.(Peavey combo 300)
    I'm wondering if it would sound better if I added a 6inch mid,and tweeter, or replaced the baffle all together,and went with a 410 configuration, or 310+tweeter, or 210 with mid+tweeter, or just forget about the whole thing?

You see.... I want better high range clarity, and it offers its max power at 2 ohms (which sucks)

This thing has THE tone nailed for fingerstyle, but when it comes to slap and pop, it falls short...

I would rather make an all in one amp,without having to add a second cabinet, as they are hard to find, and its a really heavy rig to begin with.

Please help!

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I had one of those for a while. I suppose you could replace the baffle and put in 2x10s and a horn but the amount of work and the cost is probably not worth it and it would probably weigh even more than it does now, which is way too much. I'd sell it as there are guys out there who actually like it and pick up something used (that you can actually pick up without putting your back out) that sounds more like what you want.

3. herndonbassist

herndonbassist Low Down Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    I tend to agree that you should sell this one and look for a combo that'd be more fitting to your needs. The Nemesis series from Eden comes to mind, as there are some WICKED combos available.

Let us know what you decide.