bass comparision.......

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Sep 20, 2003.

1. When you play a bass at a store or somewhere to check it out...what is your grounds for comparision? Is it compared to your main bass or compared to your dream bass...and what bass is it?
  2. notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    we just got a sam ash in my area and i just got home from checkin it out. i was highly disappointed. my american made peavey millennium 5 just arrived yesterday and i found myself comparing basses to it. nothing compared. they had a 6 string cirus that im sure would compare but i dont like 6 so i stayed off. so, yes i compare what im trying out to my main bass which is at this point an american made peavey millennium.
  3. My L2500 is my homely feeling know, when you grab a neck that feels like it, it feels "right"..I compare necks to that neck and sound wise, I compare them to any of my basses..most in particular, my l2500.
  4. i thought all peavey products were made in america?
  5. notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    they discontinued the american millennium and now its made in korea nad conts $1000 less. i got a good one. :)
  6. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I compare it to my main bass, because, thats what itd be replacing, correct? This asuming i cant afford my dream bass yet. If i can, then ****, ill just buy that. But i have , honestly, $0 right now. I need a (better) job.
  7. I used to sell Peavey Millenium (US) and Peavey Cirrus basses, and I found the Millenium series to be better both in terms of cutting through in a band, and comfort of playing. Cant speak for the current ones though.
  8. si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    peavey does stuff in the east too, i tried a one from taiwan yesterday, can't really say i liked it, $500 and i was told it was a passive discount cirrus, but man it was bad. i think.