Bass competition story.

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by The_Ryst, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Ok, to preface it, I'm 14 years old and I've been playing bass since I was 11, but I just SERIOUSLY got into it this past december and I've really just practiced andp layed all the time.

So yesterday I was at Sam Ash shredding around with some two hand tapping and whatnot and a guy walked up to me and said "Hey man, we're having this bass competition and I'm inviting you, and you can fill this out and come. You most definitely have the chops."

So if I get 1st I get 6 packs of (probably ****) strings, second place is 3 packs of strings (out of six players.) Then the next week they get all the winners from the month for a big face off and then you get some zoom recording thing if you win...

but the cool thing is I was invited:-D :hyper:

any advice?
  2. DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Don't take it seriously... as in relax when you do it. Don't allow yourself to care if you don't win. Zoom pedal is a main prize? Again, don't take it too seriously. ;)

Good luck.
  3. Haha, I hear ya, I mean, it's not the crutch of my career. Not a Zoom pedal, just a little recording thing (which is better than my current recording set up: nothing.)
  4. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Good luck. Just chill out when you do it. It'd be rockin' if you could hold a solid groove while leading over top, also. But, just do whatever you're comfortable doing. And, don't take it seriously.

5. I do play the Star Trek theme 2 hand tapping it with a cheesy chorus over top to give my high notes that far-too-heavy sixties vibrato sound