1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Competition

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by Plunky6, May 23, 2012.

1. Plunky6

Plunky6

Dec 4, 2006
    Virginia Beach
    Alpha Music's Legendary Bass Competition “Thump-Off” is coming June 24th to Virginia Beach.

Victor Wooten and Keith Horne are past winners and you could be the Next winner!! Grand prize is a Fender American Standard 5 Jazz Bass.
    To Enter, Send Alpha Music a video or audio of you playing solo bass for no more than 2 minutes. All types of music and ages are welcome.
    Youtube videos are accepted! This is a Local competition, stop by Alpha Music and we will video you for free! June 13th is the deadline for entries.
    Jaco did not slap his bass! Paul McCartney uses a pick! Be creative and come up with your BEST licks, bass lines or solo melody!
    Just playing YOUR grove bass line for 2 minutes is your chance to let the musical community know where you stand in the bass world.
    The June 24 competition will be held at the Cinema Cafe, 758 Independence blvd, Virginia Beach VA 23455
    Link to Alpha Music's Facebook Thump Off Page

Sponcered by Fender Bass Amplification, The NEW Bassman 100T and 300W amps will be used for the competition.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alpha-Music/68520536821#!/events/372830702751951/

Alpha Music Phone 757-486-2001
    www.alpha-music.com

2. Plunky6

Plunky6

Dec 4, 2006
    Virginia Beach
    Follow-Up on Alpha Music Thump Off Bass Competition

Here is a link to our Facebook Site with a video by Chris Brydge, He tells why he is entering the Alpha Music Thump-Off Bass Competition. "I encourage anybody who is on the fence to come out and play in front of your peers. It's not a head-cutting contest, It's just a gathering of good musicians."

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Alpha-Music/68520536821

If you are interested Enter the contest BEFORE June 13th

3. Plunky6

Plunky6

Dec 4, 2006
    Virginia Beach
    Win this Fender American Standard 5 Bass at the Alpha Music Thump Off June 24th

Attached Files:

4. Plunky6

Plunky6

Dec 4, 2006
    Virginia Beach
    Only 13 Days left to enter the Alpha Music Thump Off Bass Competition.

5. Plunky6

Plunky6

Dec 4, 2006
    Virginia Beach
    7 Days left to enter

6. Plunky6

Plunky6

Dec 4, 2006
    Virginia Beach
    Entry to the Thump Off is now Closed, See you at the Copmetition June 24th, Cinema Cafe, 758 Independence blvd, Virginia Beach VA 23455
    Starts at 2:00, Free and Open to the public, Thanks for your interest.

7. seang15

seang15

Aug 28, 2008
    Cary NC
    Never saw this!!! Sigh :(

8. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    I feel the same way now that I've seen it.

That sucks this woulda been cool.

9. deeptubes

deeptubes

Feb 21, 2011
    Virginia Beach
    Awwww, man! I knew they were bringing back the Wang Off, but I didn't know about the Thump Off. I bought my first bass from Alpha at a Spring Cleaning Sale in 1986, when they were at Southern Shopping Center. Next year is mine!!!!!!!! No point in anyone else entering. ;)

10. Smurf_Byte

Smurf_Byte

Aug 21, 2011
    Connecticut