1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass compressor pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by milosinka1, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Hello ! I checked the TC Electronics combo amp recently and I've been blown by compressor built in it. I am currently using BBE opto stomp and I am fairly satisfied, but TC El compressor has a lot better and structured tone. My question is: does anybody know the Stompbox pedal which gives sound similar to it?
    Any suggestion is welcome! Thank you!

2. ibassforhim

ibassforhim

Mar 3, 2011
    Arkansas
    I love my JHS limeaid bass compressor

3. Thank you very much for your response!Do you know is yours any similar to TC Electronics one?Or maybe I have to look between other boutique pedals such as Keeley, Demeter , Aguilar & others ?(Which one of them ?) Thanks!

4. Love my Demeter Compulator, so does my FOH engineer.

5. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Anything from FEA Labs when you have to have the best our own Bongomania has put together one incredible compressor review site. http://www.ovnilab.com/

6. Yeah , thanks very much for advices, there are lot of good compressors out there.. But I fell in love with one which comes embedded in TC Electronics bass combo amps.My problem is that I can't buy it separately cause they don't make it in the shape of stompbox yet. I need advice which one stompbox compressors sound similar comparing to TC Electronics one? Anyone know ?
    Thanks a lot

7. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Don't know why its getting some down play but I also think its a great compressor. Oh nice site by the way and great song. Great luck with it.

8. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    The TC compressor that supposedly evens out the compression per string? i had a TC head with the built in compression and it was nothing compared to a rack or pedal compressor maybe this is close? http://www.zzounds.com/item--EBSMULTICOMP

9. Come on man, this is a family site. :)

No, I do not have any useful or relevant information for this thread. Sorry.

10. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    For studio-style transparency and tone I recommend either the Joe Meek Floor-Q or the Demeter Compulator. Be sure you're powering w 12v minimumfor best results. 9v compressors are good "effects" pedals but for more clean tone applications they tend to be tone suckers. Good luck!

11. Thanks to all good people from Talkbass forum for your advices ! I'll probably go for EBS compressor,because I watched some videos on Youtube and I found some satisfying presets as a tube simulator,and others are not bad , too.Thank you!

12. And yes, I've been blown OUT by that compressor, sorry...

13. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    The TC nova dynamics set on 'studio' mode might get you close. It's an automatic (3 band?) multiband compressor like the spectracomp in TC bass heads, so might behave similarly. Mine sounds pretty smooth and transparent.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021