1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass compressor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DMacchi, Mar 21, 2020.

1. DMacchi

DMacchi

Mar 21, 2020
    Hi guys, I’m in the market for a bass compressor pedal. I am currently looking at the ebs multicomp and the diamond bass compressor. What are your experience with these pedals and also open to other suggestions for a bass compressor.
    Cheers.

2. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
  3. BLDavis

BLDavis Master of Snarks. Supporting Member

May 21, 2009
    Ellenboro, NC
    I like the Diamond. But my compressor needs may be vastly different from yours. I highly recommend you spend some quality time with scubaduba's massive compressor thread mentioned above. Tons of good information on there.
    Good luck and be wary of rabbits with pocket watches.
    B.

4. What do you want your compressor for? Limiting? Smoothing out levels? Tone massager to sit in the mix better? Gigs? Home use? Recording?

Determining your needs/goals will help you narrow the choices down.

In addition to Scubaduba's thread, check out Bongomania's FAQ and reviews.

No experience with the EBS, but the Diamond is painted the wrong colour, it should be GOLD not yellow. Very nice tone shaper.

It's probably too late for you already though, but good luck and happy hunting; curiouser and curiouser...

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021