Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass confusion

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funktastic, Aug 5, 2005.

1. funktastic

funktastic

Mar 16, 2005
    i was looking into buying a warwick corvette four string, or a fender jazz. It is becoming very hard for me to decide what i want, on one hand i want that warwick growl, but i also love the sound i can make out of a jazz bass. If anyone can give me some guidance here i would greatly appreciate it. I play mostly rock and experimental stuff, like Primus, old incubus, Guns n Roses, and most other rock. thanks

2. dr_love2112

dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    get the geddy jazz.....that has tons of growl plus the jazz sound.

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    every bassist need at least one Jazz,after that wathever you can buy is ok,but the starting point is a good looking and sounding Jazz Bass :cool:

4. jazzbassist

jazzbassist

Aug 1, 2005
    go fender jazz (just my opinion though, i wouldnt go with any other bass ever!) it wont let u down

5. the one thing that's always nice about fender jazzes are their versatility. you can get a huge range of tones from them, and if you get an active one, that just adds to the amount of tones. they're good for fingerstyle and i think the growl on mine sounds great. they also have some funkalicious slap sounds too.

6. Rumple

Rumple

May 12, 2005
    Seattle
    Go with the Jazz. I had a Mexi Jazz and made small upgrades and that was probly the most versatile bass Iv'e ever owned. I now have a Warwick thumb its nice, but expensive. And I now have to go get another jazz just because they are that solid. Its by far the most complete bass IMO. Get the Jazz and then when you have some extra dough fork out for a backup bass.

7. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Get a Geddy Lee Jazz. You'll love it.