Bass Controls Info ESP B-205

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dano59, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Trying to figure out what all the knobs are actual doing on my bass.
    I know this seams like a simple question but I am having trouble telling what the controls are doing.

Five knobs, two larger ones above tree smaller ones. The bass has active circuitry.

The front large one seams to control volume as does the rear one but in different ways, I am assuming that they are controlling the front and rear pickups, right?
    The bottom front one seams to change the fullness of the sound and the other two don't do much if anything.

Someone please layout what they should to be doing.

Do you set the bass flat and adjust the amp or visa versa?

Thanks
    Dano

2. I know this is basic but just need to know what these controls should be doing....
    thanks

3. loend68

loend68 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2008
    NH
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses, T.C. Electronics
    the two top should be individual pickup volumes and the bottom three should be bass, mid and treble......experiment a little and it should give you a better idea....

4. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    The big one closest to the pickups is your Master Volume.

The big one right behind it is your Pickup Blend Control. (There is a detent in the center that gives you equal amounts of neck and bridge pickups, but you will probably notice a slight drop in volume when that pot is centered.)

The small one closest to the pickups is a Bass EQ.

The middle small one is Mid EQ.

The last small one is Treble EQ.

All of the small ones are center detented and are "flat" in that position. Turn them up to add bass, mids or treble, turn them down to remove bass, mids or treble.

Hope this helps.

5. Thanks so much for your help. That is what I needed to know.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021