1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Cub for Vocals? guitar?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nickweissmusic, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Nickweissmusic

Nickweissmusic Knows all intervals from one Fred, to Juan octave Commercial User

Jan 26, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    I teach lessons and perform live music in and around San Diego CA. Sometimes I even make money doing it!
    I need to get a new practice amp, and I'm willing to take the plunge on a Phil Jones bass cub, but am looking at a few other options too. I have tried a Bass Cub and liked it a lot for bass, but I'm also a guitarist and singer. I'm curious if anyone has used this for guitar and vocals for tiny solo gigs like coffee shops or anything, I'm sure it's fine for my nylon string guitar but wondering if anyone's tried singing through the mic side. I do use some outboard effects so lack of reverb isn't a problem. I'm sure if I added some of the piranha speakers it would be crisper for vocals, but that's a lot more money. Anyway, if this is useful for instruments AND VOX it would put it over the top, the size and bass tone almost have me sold as is. Also considering a schertler Jam, it has features in droves but it's more money and bigger, tough for me to pull the trigger on something like that that will be mainly a practice amp. So, anyone used a Bass Cub for vox? Thanks!

2. honeyiscool

honeyiscool

Jan 28, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    The Phil Jones cabs in particular are pretty intelligible for all kinds of input. When I have had my C4 connected to my bass amp and run mixed music through aux input, I'm always impressed by how good it sounds.

On most bass amps, it usually doesn't sound so good. :D

brbadg and Nickweissmusic like this.
  3. brbadg

brbadg

Nov 10, 2006
    Timonium,Maryland
    The Fishman Loudbox mini does really well for vocals in small coffee shop.
    I know you were asking about a bass cab,but I'm having hard time thinking that
    singing through a bass cab is gonna sound good.

Nickweissmusic likes this.