Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Day UK: 20 November 2005

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by paul, Sep 29, 2005.

1. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    If you’re into Bass, you’ll need to show your face!

International artists from the bass playing world will descend upon the Life Café in Manchester on Sunday 20th November for a full day of low-down bass madness.

This new exciting entry in the bass world has been designed to provide an all-day national event created by bassists for bassists. Bass Day UK will provide a great opportunity for bassists to come together and develop a community networking forum on a national, European and worldwide basis.

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    World-class artists performing and on-hand for chats on technique and bass subjects will include: Joe Zawinul’s bassist Linley Marthe; New York’s Janek Gwizdala with drummer Gary Husband; Italian bass giant Lorenzo Feliciati; Jon Reshard & Trip Wamsley from the US; Jan-Olof Strandberg from Finland; Californian solo bass singer-songwriter John Lester together with some of our own lads from Blighty – solo bassist Steve Lawson, hailed as ‘one of the most influential bassists in the world’ and Manchester’s very own jubilant spirit and leading bassist Stevie Williams with Iain Dixon on saxophone.

All ticket holders will be entered into a fantastic prize draw on the day to win a Carlsbro bass amp and Oldfield fusion fretless bass worth £610 courtesy of Dawsons Music and a three month full-time Bass Course worth £1795 at Guitar-X.

Plus, special Bass Day UK discount available on all Elites Bass strings!

Bass Day UK’s partners and sponsors include: European Bass Day; Warwick; Guitar-X; Overwater; Shuker Basses; Windmill Basses; Carlsbro; Dawsons Music; Bass Tech UK; Bass World.co.uk; Eden; The Bass Centre – House of Guitars and Elite Strings, and the Manchester Jazz Festival.

Pre book tickets at £10 or £13 on the door.
    For further information and to book tickets go to: - http://www.bassday.co.uk

3. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

So, is anyone thinking of going? Or would I be the only one there if I turned up? :)

4. There's loads of us going, it should be a great day, Janek Gwizdla's been online saying how good it'll be, and there's plenty of bassworld.co.uk members going.

5. screwball

screwball

Jul 25, 2004
    Manchester UK
    Wow, just saw this. I'm going for sure! just a short walk down the road.

6. ganga

ganga

Jul 14, 2005
    Oh boy, I wish I lived in the UK now. :) The prodigy Jon Reshard is coming to town, he's stunning.

7. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

Well... that sounds reassuring. I might try and get some friends interested, but tbh... not many bass players I know are as passionate about bass playing as I am... they just play!

What kind of stuff goes on there? Is it a pretty full day? How many people go in general?