Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Day UK

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Warlock, May 4, 2004.

1. As this is an intellectual and motivated list, I thought I'd better post this idea here :)

The Bass Day DVD is great and I wonder about a version here in the UK - maybe even our village :meh:

Who would you have on the list?

Some ideas for starter: -

Steve for 1?
    Michael if he'd come over???
    Jack Bruce?

Has it got legs?

2. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Hi Dave,

The Bass Centre did a thing like this back in the late 80s/early 90s I think, with Guy Pratt, Entwistle etc...

I think it'd be a great thing to do, not sure who'd come up with the money to do it properly though.

The ACM in Guildford recently did a bass weekend, with Nick Fyffe, Mo Foster etc. reports were very good from there.

However, in my house, everyday is bass day

:)

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

3. So...how many could we get in your living room Steve? On a similar vein, I have a jazz band playing at my son's naming (don't go for the Christening thing)!

4. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    If he used his teaching room, the answer would probably be about two without some tidying up... ;)

Wulf

5. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
  6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

There was an attempt to get all the UK TB'ers together with Steve - ask CS!! ;)

There was also the clinic with Steve and Michael at the Bass Centre, where I got to meet some people...liek Wulf!! ;)

At the Jazz Summer School I attend regularly - you can get Bass afternoons - 13 or 14 (Jazz) bass players with instruments, standing around together in a room. Last time - I remember defending the honour of the Bass Centre for about 10 minutes, when I realised the guy was actually talking about the Bass Cellar , not centre!! :meh:

And I realised I agreed with him!! :D