Bass DI question...HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by enigma49, May 13, 2003.

1. enigma49

Nov 22, 2002
    I need a simple and if possible, inexpensive solution to a current problem. Bottom line, I have a two channel bass rack with both channels going to separate XLR DI outputs on a Behringer Ultra_DI Pro DI4000. Basically, I need to "combine" the two balanced XLR outputs to terminate into one XLR connection to plug into the single connection supplied by most clubs for bass. Jass Ad had given me one suggestion (the Behringer MX602A mini mixer). While still a possibility, I didn't really need all the bells and whistles such as EQ. That's all taken care of well before the DI outputs already. I had also looked into the Behringer MX882 signal router and panning both inputs into either the left or right channel to supply the single house DI connection. I plan on going from a 2 channel to 4 channel setup in the near future, so the extra channels on the MX882 would not be wasted.

But in the meantime, I'm looking for a very basic solution. No one has told me that I can't use a simple XLR "Y" cable (such as the one from ProSonus) to "sum" the two outputs into one. Is there any electrical reason why I can't do this? The outputs levels are evenly balanced at the DI outputs already. It seems almost too simple, but would it work? Any help will be greatly appreciated.