bass distortion? or regular gui****istortion?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Cliff 'Em All, Aug 12, 2003.

1. i was wondering whether to get a bass distorion or guitar distortion for my bass. I've never really tried a good bass distortion, and was wondering if they would be better than a guitar distortion when going fo a more harmonized distortion like meshuggah's bass on the album nothing.

i've tried a friends Pro Co Rat, and it gets the job done, but when playing fast on the low strings, it all becomes a sloopy mess of growling. would a bass distortion help define the lower stuff better, but still give me that guitar-like distortion?

please help me decide which to get, and any particular model or brand that would be good.

2. I reccomend the Digitech X series Bass Drive. Gets that rat sound really well
  3. 7thguest

Jun 27, 2003
    You have also the Turbo Rat (they say something about being more suited for bass on the pro co sound site), it has less sustain and compression than the other models (but much more volume, leds on the clipping section make it sound grittier and uglier than normal diodes)and a really big range of distorsion from clean tone with some grit (at 3h) to unusable stuff at over 9h. Tone is very versatile too. Another good thing is true bypass and justin chancelor using it ;) .