Bass distortion

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rich37, Mar 8, 2002.

1. I play in a metal-core band wich sounds like old machine head, chimeara and I was wondering what kind of distortion/overdrive do these guys use on bass?
  2. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Belongs in Effects, not Amps!!!

Can't people read??!?!
  3. BassPlayerGush

Sep 23, 2001
    hehe, i just got my new amerinca reissue electro harmonix big muff pi in yesterday. i love it so much. you can make it crunch quite well, especially for metal. if you want like an over the top bass distortion, i once played a danelectro bass distorition (cant remember the name) pedal. it was o-k, but a little to wild for bass, made it sound to high and mid end-ish, kinda like an electric gutiar or something. personally, im a huge fan of electro harmonix and good vintage sounding analog pedals, instead of this digital crap. lol. i heard good stuff about the new electro harmonix hot tubes. i didnt get to play it yet, but its sounds like a more elaborate overdrive pedal that actually sends its current through 2 tubes. talk about cool!

try going , they have a cool interactive pedal testing type thing. it works off of flash and you are able to tweek the pedal settings and hear it. unfortunetly, its with an electric guitar playing.:(