Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass distortion

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rich37, Mar 8, 2002.

1. I play in a metal-core band wich sounds like old machine head, chimeara and I was wondering what kind of distortion/overdrive do these guys use on bass?

2. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Belongs in Effects, not Amps!!!

Can't people read??!?!

3. BassPlayerGush

BassPlayerGush

Sep 23, 2001
    PA
    hehe, i just got my new amerinca reissue electro harmonix big muff pi in yesterday. i love it so much. you can make it crunch quite well, especially for metal. if you want like an over the top bass distortion, i once played a danelectro bass distorition (cant remember the name) pedal. it was o-k, but a little to wild for bass, made it sound to high and mid end-ish, kinda like an electric gutiar or something. personally, im a huge fan of electro harmonix and good vintage sounding analog pedals, instead of this digital crap. lol. i heard good stuff about the new electro harmonix hot tubes. i didnt get to play it yet, but its sounds like a more elaborate overdrive pedal that actually sends its current through 2 tubes. talk about cool!

try going buzzfox.com , they have a cool interactive pedal testing type thing. it works off of flash and you are able to tweek the pedal settings and hear it. unfortunetly, its with an electric guitar playing.:(