Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

-Bass Distorts-

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by TribalEagle, Jan 8, 2006.

1. TribalEagle

TribalEagle

Mar 19, 2005
    Finland EU
    I tink my six stringer is broken :bawl:
    The bass distorts like hell and I can`t get clear sound out of it. First I tought that my distortion pedal did not go off like it should. I took the pedal out of my system and plugged bass strait in to my amp. Did not helped :crying: Then I tought that my amp is broken, becoase sound is like the woofer teared (sorry about the bad english, I hope you understand). I tryed with a different bass, and it was OK.
    So can you tell me what is the problem :help:
    The bass hass active EQ and Bartoli style pickups.

2. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I'd try changing the battery. When it's low it will make your sound distort.

3. TribalEagle

TribalEagle

Mar 19, 2005
    Finland EU
    OK thanks I will try it

4. yeah +1 for battery, other than that you may have had the gain on your amp turned up too high?
    goodluck

5. TribalEagle

TribalEagle

Mar 19, 2005
    Finland EU
    "other than that you may have had the gain on your amp turned up too high?" nope, I dont even have a gain in my amp..

6. BassFelt

BassFelt

Mar 26, 2002
    You mean you didn't???????

7. TribalEagle

TribalEagle

Mar 19, 2005
    Finland EU
    Yep i didn`t...... :bag: I just figured that it could be the reason. I have other bass with onboard preamp, and when battery runs out it just looses soundpower.
    I change the battery when I get my hands on the bass.... I`m in the military service at the time, and I dont have chance to play in next two weeks (which suck balls by the way)..

8. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Change the battery. Do it. My bass got progressivley quieter and progressivley distorted more over a period of weeks, I left the battery in just to experiment with how it affected the sound. Eventually there was nothing left sound wise but there was some screaming distortion before it got that far. Also, always carry a spare battery, if you gig, it may well save you from a bad situation.

9. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    I vote battery. I hate when they begin to die.