Bass Distrotion Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by basslax, Apr 24, 2001.

1. basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    What is the best bass distortion peadal for bass?? I know there are many threads on this but I have a specific question. I need this as an all around pedal for light distortion and really heavy distortion. Every bass distortion ive heard is kind of lame. I also dont want to spend too much (<$80 please). If you reply please include a price with any suggestion.

2. Erich Zann

Erich Zann

Aug 14, 2000
    many poeple on this board say that the Boss bass overdrive will do this.
  3. all that and a bag of chips. i love my BOSS OBD-3 overdrive pedal. I paid $85 for mine, but you can get them cheaper nowadays.
  4. I've tried some different effect pedals, but I like a vintage tone and cool distortion so I have a Danelectro Flanger and Slap Echo. I don't know if that's what you're looking for but it's cool dstortion.
  5. ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Try a boss Turbo distortion or hyper fuzz. Yea they are all guitar effects but you can tweek them a bit and get light distortion and then change the settings and go strait to pure chainsaw type distortion. I myself wasnt to impressed with the Boss Bass overdrive, though I didnt have to much time to sit down to long with it at the store. I do like the signal blend on it though. Actually now that I think of it, Try the Boss Bass overdrive. Just crank gain and and mess with the wet/dry signal.