Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Distrotion Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by basslax, Apr 24, 2001.

1. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    What is the best bass distortion peadal for bass?? I know there are many threads on this but I have a specific question. I need this as an all around pedal for light distortion and really heavy distortion. Every bass distortion ive heard is kind of lame. I also dont want to spend too much (<$80 please). If you reply please include a price with any suggestion.

thanks
    basslax

2. Erich Zann

Erich Zann

Aug 14, 2000
    many poeple on this board say that the Boss bass overdrive will do this.

3. all that and a bag of chips. i love my BOSS OBD-3 overdrive pedal. I paid $85 for mine, but you can get them cheaper nowadays.

4. I've tried some different effect pedals, but I like a vintage tone and cool distortion so I have a Danelectro Flanger and Slap Echo. I don't know if that's what you're looking for but it's cool dstortion.

5. ColdYinTiger

ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Try a boss Turbo distortion or hyper fuzz. Yea they are all guitar effects but you can tweek them a bit and get light distortion and then change the settings and go strait to pure chainsaw type distortion. I myself wasnt to impressed with the Boss Bass overdrive, though I didnt have to much time to sit down to long with it at the store. I do like the signal blend on it though. Actually now that I think of it, Try the Boss Bass overdrive. Just crank gain and and mess with the wet/dry signal.