Bass Documentary: Where Did it Go?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by andreiscv, Jan 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. So I remember not too long ago I saw this documentary about the role of bass in music and how it developed from classical to today. There was talk about the tuba in waltzes and marches, the double bass in jazz, the electric bass in Motown music, and the synth in modern stuff.

I've been searching for it recently and it just seems to have disappeared. I can only find stuff about Jack Bruce or "drum and bass". I think the host was a middle aged or later white man with a British accent, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Where can I find it?

2. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

Oct 17, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    The How Music Works series? . I understand at least on one part a song is removed due to rights issues

andreiscv, RoadRanger and pcake like this.
  3. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Awesome, thanks! :)

4. Yes! Thank you so much. I was especially looking for that beautiful old walking bass line from 43:50 on.

5. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    East Bay, N. Ca.
    So good. I just watched it. It's tidbits like this that keep me coming back to Talkbass.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021