Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass dreams.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Have you had any dreams, funny or not, directly dealing with bass? If you can remember them, post them.

Mine was weird, and I don't remember much.

I just remember my best friend Nadia (She's good lookin', especially with a bass), playing a Spector Euro 4 in Amber, and she kicked ass. (I've seen her really play bass, and she should stick to brass instruments). Then I was in my elementary school sitting in a classroom, and it was dim. I saw a Ken smith 6 string with a walnut top and I picked it up. Then I woke up :p

2. Last night I had a dream that I was not just the bass player for my band, but the harmonica player too. :eyebrow:

and...my band has no harmonica in it.

3. goat1234

goat1234

Mar 17, 2004
    Virgnia
    I had some weird dream about a modulus quantum 6 sweetspot tbx. It was just sitting in some random room with a combo amp.

4. funny, i just recently had a dream i owned a spangly silver stingray, and since im reaaally wanting one :meh:

N

5. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    I had a dream where i ended in a shop with a bunch of Rittters. I also had a dream where I got some bass, I had no idea what it was, and some kid ended up getting his hands on it and ruining the finish, it was terrible.

6. I had a strange dream. I was taking part in a TV gameshow, and I came in first place. The prices were two basses. A buttugly Epiphone Explorer bass, and the other a gorgeous custombuilt bass of unknown brand (a bit blurry on that part).

Guess which bass I chose? THE EXPLORER!!! After that, I realised my mistake, and said "I've changed my mind", but by that time the show was over. I started crying, and smashing everything around me with the bass, then bashed myself in the head for being so stupid, and woke up...

I've also had a lot of nightmares where my basses get destroyed, huge cracks and splints, necks breaking or dismantling, basses melting etc etc etc. I just hate those dreams. One time I had one where I was on tour in London with my brother, who I told to hold my bass while I paid a visit to a restroom. When I came back, he had left the bass in the middle of the street, without protection on the ground. Luckily in that dream I was able to pick up the bass before anything happened.

7. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    I think those are more like nightmares :) . I've had a couple of the dreams where my bass broke and there was no way of fixing it, but it was something stupid like a string that broke and I was going into a total depression because of it.

I love the dreams where you are playing so well and it's in a giant crowd and everyones digging the music. It's the paradise dream where everything goes perfect.

8. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    I was actually the bassist/harmonicist(?) in a band a while ago. Not really, the harmonica was only in one song and we didn't always play it that way.

And my bass-related dream was: Last night I had a dream that my custom bass arrived with the wrong pickups. I couldn't change them because they were the wrong shape (P instead of J). Funny, because I've got a custom on order for which I haven't chosen the pickups yet.

9. Last bass-related dream I had was a strange one where I was trying to hide (don't know why) a blue velvet Modulus Q5. I didn't know where it had come from. Such a strange dream...

10. I had a dream wher eJohn Turner gave me his two 8 strings. Then I woke up and I was sad.

11. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    actually about ten years ago, i had this dream that i made it to this "lost and found" warehouse and they had 10 Ken Smith basses for $150 each. then i woke up. time to go to the office.

12. Tim Barber

Tim Barber Commercial User

Apr 28, 2003
    Serenity Valley
    Owner: Barber Music
    Last week I dreamed I left a custom fretless lying in the street and a car ran over the neck. :eek: :bawl:

13. I have a common dream-theme wherein I'm supposed to start playing and some part of my rig is missing. Had one last night, took most of the dream to find my bass and when I did the gig was over.:help:

This alternates with my "I'm at Burningman, but it's in the wrong place (on the beach, or a grassy valley)" theme. Oh, and the Nekkid in public dreams - but since I started going to Burningman three years ago I'm no longer embarrased in these dreams, it's now "well, I'm at work, nekkid, think I'll get something done." :p

14. damn, i never dream about anything, let alone bass. :scowl:

15. I had a dream that I inherited a house and in the basment were eight conklins and they were all mine...but they were weird looking and needed to be fixed up, they were vintage or something...another time I had a dream that I won Claypool's rainbow bass, only problem was A) His wife didn't believe I won and wouldn't give me the bass B) When she finally did give it to me, it was a lefty and I couldn't use it, I got so frustrated I threw it into a lake or something :crying: :D

16. We all seem to share that My-bass-is-broken-beyond-repair dream...I think everyone has had that one

17. I dreamt Les agreed to sell me one of his basses for twenty thousand dollars and unfortunately I was much like in real life, utterly broke, yup. Unfortunately I dream realisticly. I mean it was a dream why didn't he say "sure have this rainbow one, oh ya and Cameron Diaz wants you to join her on a private yacht cruise".

18. Its a sign! :meh:

I had a dream a few nights ago that I was playing on stage with metallica, only i had long blond hair anr was playing that gigantic 11 string someone posted up a while go. I knew its was a dream because if i ever played something that ridiculus i would beat myself up.... and i wasn't. But dont worry guys, i kicked my ass the next morning for even dreaming about it.

I also had a dream about a week ago that I was being taught by victor wooten in my school bass room. For some reason he was wearing his mic. But I was also playing a warwick triumph upright six string which was cool, some how i was geting a very nice slap/les claypool tone out of the upright, which is very strange. And then my guitarist walked in the room with his guitar gig bag and pulled a grand piano out... *** :confused:

19. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I sometimes have a recurring dream where my bass is outside getting rained on and I can't get to it. I guess it's my subconscious telling me I need to practice more. :(