Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass driven songs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by vinnym, Jul 16, 2002.

1. vinnym

vinnym

Jul 10, 2002
    I am in a band, and the guitar players are pretty sucky, but the drummer is amazing. I am looking for some good bass driven songs so that I could kinda take over, and have some songs we could play while they are catching up in skill. All help is appreciated.

2. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    Listen to Operation Ivy, almost every song is lead by bass, espically "Here We Go Again."

3. Jodaka

Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    update some talas tunes...

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    One word: CAKE.
    Pick up one of the higly underrated bands cd's and you will find that the bass almost always drives the song. and the bass on "comfort eagle" is not in the mix, it IS the freaking mix, that thing is PROMINANT....... i dont knwo why i chose that word,,,,,, just go with it.

ImNotJoel likes this.
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
  6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Dang, why do the obvoius ones always escape me?

7. whiteshadow

whiteshadow

Jul 3, 2001
    Ohio
    Lots of RHCP. Their rampant guitarist problems forced Flea to the forefront, where he belongs. Except Under the Bridge, don't know what happened there... Great song nonetheless

8. Rush's 80's stuff is really Bass Dominant... We all know Primus.... any Funk is mostly bass driven ( Sly and the Family Stone...) anythign by Stu Hamm, VIctor Wooten, etc.

9. Dawn patroll by megadeath is a cool song. Just drums and bass:D

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    "Outlaw" by War. This is the whipping of a llama's azz with a belt!

11. a lot of stuff by fugazi. waiting room, most notably.

12. Definately second the Fugazi, really anything off of In On The Kill Taker should do you just fine! Also, check out Hot Water Music, but I don't know how well it'd go with just one singer.

mike

13. RedHot_FLeA

RedHot_FLeA

Jul 17, 2002

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    You could just give up on trying and become a punk band... :D . Before all the punkers jump on me let me say this, I actually love punk, well let me rephrase that... GOOD punk. Some punk is just god awful/talentless garbage. What I meant by this was... Punk is the easiest style of music to fake, but it's hard to perfect. So yeah, just to clarify, whoo hooo go punk! :cool:

ShredderMaximus likes this.
  15. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    They(songs) are ALL bass driven!!! Bassists rule!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

16. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2015
    mid-West VA
    I'm not a very nice person, deep deep down.
    I was torn between opening a new thread or just recycling this one.

champbassist likes this.
  17. ferdinandstrat

ferdinandstrat

Oct 7, 2014

Donald Duck Dunn was a beast.

ImNotJoel likes this.