bass duet/ book

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Yvon, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Is there any book out there with some bass duets?

Preferably, one part would be easy, there other doesn't matter and there would be tabs for the easy section.

Anybody know if there is something out that would do the trick?
  2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    There are a number of bass duets at the end of the Evolving Bassist: Millenium Edition by Rufus Reid. It's a book on playing upright, so a few of the parts in the duets are bowed. Also, no tabs.
  3. grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    You say that one part should be easy and one part doesn't matter. Does this mean that one of the bassists has strong technique? If so, maybe you could use bass+any thing duets and the 'anything' line could be transposed by the more advanced player.

Are you looking for a certain genre?
  4. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    The easy part is for my wife, she start playing this summer only. She is getting good and she practice a lot. But she can't seem to be able to learn how to read. The other part is for me, I don't have great chops but I can play advanced thing.

What we did yesterday is that I show her the basic of playing a bossa and she learned girl from ipanema and black orpheus.
    She play the bass line and I do the melody, it's cool.

What would be cool is some parts that are compose for 2 basses, trading parts ect...

I think there was a back book for 2 basses out a few years ago. Des pré and Brunel. I can't seem to find it and I don't know if it's too hard for her.