Bass duet. Me & Me

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by c-ba55, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Here, listen to me play Jamerson's bass line on my Pedulla Rapture, and MJ's vocal line on my Fender Jazz fretless.

I Want You Back

I need to keep working on it, iron out a few phrases, and think about what to do with the bridge and the reprise. But it's freakin' cool!
  2. deepbob

Oct 3, 2001
    left field
    hehe kinda fun. would definately benefit from some kind of meter somewhere, dunno if you have some kind of time source going when you record it but most of the problems are just rushing/misphrasing runs/licks which sounds more like a lack of having that cowbell or a real drummer going.

it is good fun during the big chorus sections tho - i like the sound of the bass for sure.

considered trying to do some string taps or fretboard noise to act as that rythm? might make a neat/needed twist on the all bass cover.
  3. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Not bad! Clean up the time a little and it sounds great. I believe the credits for that tune go to Wilton Felder however... Keep jammin! :bassist:
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :bassist: yup, pretty freakin' cool!
  5. I just played along to the Jackson 5 version. So that's pretty much how it goes, time-wise. I could record the conga part on bass, I guess.

I also have a midi version I considered playing along to, but that just doesn't sound cool at all. I do hear what you guys are talking about though.

I know I haven't practiced this enough to really present it, but it's just so so so cool! And it's neat how none of the other parts in the song matter.