Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Duets!!

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by nobles, Dec 27, 2004.

1. nobles

nobles

Dec 5, 2004
    hi im doing GCSE music and i want to perform a decent bass duet with my teacher... does anyone know of any?

2. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Hi.

Some time ago I adapted J.S. Bach's first two-part invention for two basses. I put fingerings for my instrument of choice: 5-string bass with 24 frets, but of course you can change them if you want. Let me know if you're interested so I can send you the files to your e-mail.

3. dodgy_ian

dodgy_ian

Apr 9, 2001
    Newcastle, UK
    i've got a nice arrangement of bach invention no13 in a minor for two basses, for two four string basses (jazz basses so only 20frets).

Let me know and i'll scan it and send it or summat. Not the easiest piece tho...

Dodge

4. nobles

nobles

Dec 5, 2004
    any progress on sending those pieces?

5. dodgy_ian

dodgy_ian

Apr 9, 2001
    Newcastle, UK
    hi dude, sorry i'm up to my ears in work and my scanners broken and copying it out into sibelius may take some time....

just tell your dad to chill out, give me your address, or better still how bout you give me an address anywhere, your school or your gran, music teacher? or summat and 'Ill stick it in the post... just if not you'll have to wait a couple weeks til i can sort it out for you.

peace

Dodge

6. nobles

nobles

Dec 5, 2004
    i can w8 a bit
    i have til march the 7th anyways. i apreciate the effort btw.