Bass effect pedals and guitar pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Memphis101, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Memphis101

Apr 2, 2004
    Cary, NC
    i was wondering if someone could tell me if it matters if i play my bass through my guitar pedals. Will it damage the pedals or anything or will the sound suffer from it? just wondering about that.
  2. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    some will work just fine, some wont. try them out each individually .
  3. some effects do, some don't. it depends on the effect.

distortions, and overdrives are usually affected big time (imo), since some low end is needed to maintain a good sound for bass.

but delays, phasers, pitchshifters, tremelos, and a lot of the modulation effects usually won't screw anything up.

keep in mind, this is only most of the time...there probably are some exceptions.

4. There is an identical thread to this on here, probably side by side now that Ive replied to both...wont hurt a thing to use guitar pedals...I use Boss stompbox pedals and have for 15 years and I dont even own one that was made for bass exclusively. Never had a bit of trouble...try em out for tonality and result and trust your ears! I love the simplicity of them vs. these digital multi processors. I want to look down at my board, locate my effect immediately, and either turn it on or off. Screw all that fishing through banks of crap to find that preset. Out of the thousands of possibilities Id only end up using like 5...hahahaha!
    Best of luck!