Bass Effects setup for the intro to the Orion song by Metallica w/Boss MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RicoDZaid, Oct 5, 2018.

1. RicoDZaid

RicoDZaid

Oct 5, 2018
    Hi, I am very new to effects and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction on my effects setup for the intro to the Orion song by Metallica :)

I am also very new to the forums, I am not sure if I am asking my question well.

I think I just need to set up my Boss MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher correctly. I have messed with it a lot and have it currently set to "13-3" with the Ibanez Tube Screamer on. It's still not right though. =/

Orion intro -

I have read a lot, been over to TotalCliff website/youtube content as well. I think I have the gear, I just think I need the settings :)

My set up is in this order:

1. Schecter Stiletto Studio-4 Bass (3 band eq)
    2. Boss CS-3 Compressor/Sustainer Pedal
    3. Morley PFW Cliff Burton Tribute Power Fuzz Wah (just for Wah)
    4. Ibanez TS9B 9 Series Bass Tubescreamer Distortion Pedal (Ride the Lightning & Master of Puppets)
    5. Electro-Harmonix Nano Bass Big Muff Bass Distortion Effects Pedal (Kill 'Em All)
    6. Boss MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher (all the crazy effects, need help with this!)
    7. Boss RC-1 Loop Station (for Orion introduction)
    8. Boss FV-500Hl Foot Volume Pedal - High Impedance (I just moved this so I can slowly fade in the Orion intro on my loop pedal)
    9. ISP Technologies Decimator II Noise Reduction Pedal
    10. Ampeg 2x10" 450w. BA210v2 with a mild overdrive Ampeg Scrambler on all the time
    11. Ampeg 15" PF115LF
    Also looking to get effects for songs like Damage Inc (intro) etc. :)
    Many thanks for any help!
    Rich

2. Karl_V

Karl_V

Jul 31, 2015
    If im not mistaken the Damage inc. intro and several places in the recording owe alot of it's sound to the Ibanez HD1500 Digital Delay. I also believe by that point he might have been using the bassballs too. the delay is a rackmount affair It can be had at a ludicrous price if you need it now, or pretty reasonable if you look around. Good luck, His sound is a unicorn for most. Im sure someone will be by shortly to contradict everything I have said shortly.
    As a side bar what PF wah are you using?

3. AndyLES

AndyLES

Aug 25, 2008
    New York
    If memory (and my ears) serve me right, it sounds like distortion going into some sort of leslie emulator with a bit of reverb to make it more ominous as he swells in.

4. TimtallicA

TimtallicA

Jan 22, 2018
    Germany
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021