1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Effects Used on Eleventh House album Level One song Suite

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nbsipics, Feb 3, 2017.

1. nbsipics

nbsipics Used to be a Dead Guy Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    I hope the answer to this does not turn out to be "keyboards"!

Does anyone happen to know what type of bass and more-importantly bass effects
    did John Lee use for the song "Suite" on the Eleventh House album "Level One"?

I know that I have Google'd this before and would still like to know what he was using.
    Was kind of a "signature sound" for Lee around that time, I believe. Any help appreciated!

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Is this the tune? (It's Friday, I'm winding down here at work)

If so, that's definitely effected bass in there with the keyboard and other instruments. I have some guesses about the FX used, but will leave it to the real experts to help you.

3. nbsipics and Nunovsky like this.
  4. nbsipics

Apr 8, 2016
    I kinda follow vintage synths and I have never heard of this one before - thanks!
    For instance, I have one of these ( funny how the electronics controls looked in those days )
    upload_2017-2-4_10-26-15.

And I should have had this in my post originally. Enjoy folks!

5. nbsipics

Apr 8, 2016
    Time to pull out my Moogerfoogers!

6. Now that I have listened to the track I am of the opinion that sound effect is the EHX PolyPhase.

After searching for that sound for many years I recreated it on my Zooms using a subtle envelope filter into a bi-phase model into a lofi amp model.

nbsipics likes this.
  7. nbsipics

Apr 8, 2016
    This is very helpful - thanks man!