1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BASS effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jacohead, Sep 26, 2009.

1. jacohead

jacohead

Aug 6, 2006
    are there any pedals that can change a bass guitar into a violin or some other melodic instruments?

2. BlackMetalAkaz

BlackMetalAkaz

Jun 18, 2009
    Maybe look into midi stuff.

3. I'd try anything with an attack delay. The old Boss Slow Gear, Guyatone Slow Volume, or a BYOC lazy sprocket.

Bass Micro Synth has an attack delay with a bunch of other stuff. The EHX HOG, and I think the POG2 also have octaves up with an attack delay which might get a little closer to that violin sound you're looking for.

The Line6 Verbzilla has an Octoverb mode that is pretty sweet.

Lastly you could try manipulating a volume pedal to get a good attack delay, but I'm much better with my fingers than my feet, so that doesn't work so well for me.

4. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    v-bass

5. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    All of those are good suggestions. I mostly use my volume knob, POG, overdrive, and delay. It works well for slower things. A volume pedal works for medium tempos and an attack delay pedal works ok for faster stuff but I find you have to play to the pedal to get it to track and some of them don't work for bass at all.

6. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    Ebow is a great choice if you don't mind a little bit of a learning curve as opposed to just stomping on a pedal.

7. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The POG2 and HOG can give you some organ-y sounds.

8. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    EHX HOG: organ, strings, flute, guitar,..... and maybe more it can emulate.
    I'm going to find out.