Bass Emporium

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by bassmonkeee, May 15, 2003.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I got a postcard in the mail a couple of days ago from Bass Emporium in AZ, which I found a bit odd since I had never heard of them before. I mentioned it to Dave Siff, and he told me he had received one, as well.

I get to Talkbass this morning, and I find a big banner ad for Bass Emporium. :meh:

Is this just a coincidence, or was Bass Emporium given/sold my address? If there is one thing I don't need more of, it's more junk mail. I can deal with one post card, but I've seen no agreement with Bass Emporium that says they won't sell my address to someone else.

I don't have a problem with Bass Emporium as a company, but, in principle, I don't like getting stuff from companies that I didn't ask for.

If they did get it from Talkbass, is there anything I can do/sign to ensure that my address isn't given out again in the future?

If not, where do you suppose they are finding the addresses of bass players?
  2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    I have not, do not, and never will sell or disclose any information, personal or otherwise, to any 3rd party.

I don't know how the Bass Emporium in AZ got your address - the Bass Emporium advertising on TalkBass is an independant shop in Austin TX.

The TalkBass privacy policy is viewable here:
  3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Hey, Paul,

Thanks for the response, both PM and public. I goofed when I said AZ--It's actually the same place in Austin.

Anyhoo, I'm glad to hear the info didn't come from you. I have to say I was shocked when I first saw the banner ad, though. There are certainly worse things to get in the mail besides a postcard about a new high end bass shop, but I still prefer to seek out retailers instead of having them seek me out.

Glad to hear that it is just a coincidence with the new banner ad. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow to see what's up.